cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dent Vent

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
This is not an advert, endorsement, write-up or put-down of the product mentioned.

There is a product called Dent Vent which is apparently a fake vent you can attach to your camper to hide body damage. The kit includes the vent, screws and butyl tape.

The instructions say that for larger areas of damage you can mix and match different sizes of vents?

My first thought was that this is one of the craziest RV aftermarket things I've ever seen. But maybe I'm not seeing its potential?

Is this something that anyone would actually use? Is there really a market for this?
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!
17 REPLIES 17

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
My folks had a HI LO years ago. Ma left a ketchup bottle on top of the fridge and it poked a hole in the ceiling when they lowered it.

She covered the hole with a stick-on room deodorizer and he never was the wiser.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I love it-
For larger damage areas, mix and match different size Dent Vents to cover the blemish.

We've been doing single vents for years, and if the damage is small enough, reflectors.
-- Chris Bryant

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just made a name plate from a scrap of aluminum siding. Hmm, do they still make aluminum siding?
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
Saw that advertised the other day and had to laugh at how fake our society has become.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
A dent that small I would just apply some forgetaboutit.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Good grief! Six vents? I imagine they were not all in a row?

(It makes me want to start PhotoShopping Dent Vents onto random things ;))
It's his Super Power!

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
We had a neighbor who had an old 10' slide in camper. In had at least six vents that he added to cover dents. It was a beater, but the vents cleaned it up a little.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
seaeagle2 wrote:
I have a book on how to sell your used car for more. It was written in about 1975, it says to hide a dent in your RV, add a vent cover... what's old is new again...

I wonder if the Dent Vent people read the same book and thought "Wow....we should totally invent that, patent it and make a gazillion bucks".
It's his Super Power!

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a Travel Trailer once that had something like that. It had a household furnace outlet vent screwed to the side of the RV. I couldn't figure out what it was for and upon removing it I found that someone had poked a small hole in the side. After bending the hole shut as well as they could and using calk to fill in the rest they put a vent over the hole to make it look better.

I must admit it looked better the the hole. I put it back on and used it that way for years.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I wonder how many of these you can put all over your camper before anyone would get suspicious? :B

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a book on how to sell your used car for more. It was written in about 1975, it says to hide a dent in your RV, add a vent cover... what's old is new again...
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
I totally missed out on that Car Band Aid phenomenon. Have never ever seen one.

Maybe they were used to cover up the fake bullet hole magnets. :B
It's his Super Power!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
Not new products such as this and stickers have been around for years. Some people must use them.

True. Remember the large Band-Aids on damaged cars many years ago?

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Not new products such as this and stickers have been around for years. Some people must use them.