cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dicor question

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Does Dicor when used on the sides (non-sag)collect dirt even when its dry? Even after washing does it still look dirty?

Thanks
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
5 REPLIES 5

westend
Explorer
Explorer
1) Probably not. Once urethanes are cured, mineral spirits won't phase them.

2)If your sealants develop just surface cracking from UV, it's not imperative to remove what is originally applied. Just fill any small cracks with the same sealant. Never use silicone on the exterior of an RV or on the roof. If you have, remove it and use the right stuff.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Dicor wrote:
Hello, Path1 -- The Dicor lap sealant (whether non-sag or self leveling) will collect dirt if not washed regularly. It is butyl rubber based and could have a tendency for dirt to stick to it. Again, the key is regular cleaning.

Hopefully this answers your question!

Safe and Happy Travels!
Dicor Corporation

Thanks for come back.

1) I take mineral sprits or denatured alcohol on a rag and wipe down around all openings ( doors, hatches, etc) after I wash trailer.

Am I weakening or dissolving the Dicor using these products?

2) How do I tell when to remove and replace Dicor if I don't see any cracks in Dicor? I would hate to wait till I see a leak on inside.

I'm beginning to be a convert to Dicor from 100% silicone (Nu-flex 313) and proflex.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Dicor
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, Path1 -- The Dicor lap sealant (whether non-sag or self leveling) will collect dirt if not washed regularly. It is butyl rubber based and could have a tendency for dirt to stick to it. Again, the key is regular cleaning.

Hopefully this answers your question!

Safe and Happy Travels!
Dicor Corporation

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I think just about all caulk attracts dirt, not just Dicor.

At least that's how it works on my S&B. It looks good for awhile then, gets dirty. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
YES
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31