cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you use your bathroom? If not, what do you use it for?

viajera80
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I'm working on an article about whether most RV owners use their bathrooms or not. If you do, feel free to chime in. If you don't why not and what do you use it for instead? Please give examples of what you do use it for. Thank you!

Edit: the post is for the Do It Yourself RV website
108 REPLIES 108

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
K3WE wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
I really don't understand people who don't do #2 in their RV toilet. You are going to have to dump the tank anyway. Having solids flush out is no harder or messier than only fluids.

Don't tell anyone, but it's easier to dump #1 in your back yard.

Makes the lawn grow great! :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
I really don't understand people who don't do #2 in their RV toilet. You are going to have to dump the tank anyway. Having solids flush out is no harder or messier than only fluids.

Don't tell anyone, but it's easier to dump #1 in your back yard.

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our camper is home away from home. We use everything just like if we were in our stick and brick home.

Why would you not?
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
RV's are basically porta-potties with a kitchen and bedroom.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, that's why it's there. Lots of different attitudes out there about rv toilet use. My sister does not use hers because she can't accept the idea that her waste is being stored in the rv. Interesting.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Padlin wrote:
We have a small trailer with smallish holding tanks. If the public bathrooms are clean and convenient we'll use them, if not we use ours.

I know folks who do not use their bathrooms, folks who only use it for showers and #1, and folks that use nothing but their own. There's no wrong answer to this.

RV is a bath and a half model. When my wife was alive she used the full bath with the macerator toilet. Exactly as we did the flusher at home.

I usually used the half bath (Sea-Land gravity type toilet) However over the years that one developed a problem and wife died.. I'm in the process of re-building the half bath.. Unused rooms double as storage. But I want to get the half re-done because it is more efficient.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We do use our bathroom regularly, but try to use the CG facilities for solids as others suggested. But our shower has become the container of a myriad of odd sized objects that fit no where else. CG showers are generally very usable. Besides in a B+ space is a premium.
But that's us.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Since replacing the plastic Thetford Aqua Magic (4 or 5 ?) hand flush with a ceramic Dometic 320 foot flush with hand spray, I find it much more enjoyable to use the toilet....#1 or #2.

PS. I use every single option in my trailer regularly, and it came loaded.

ctilsie242
Explorer II
Explorer II
I keep my RV's bathroom ready for use. My TT is big enough that I don't need to store stuff in there, but when I move to a class "B", I may wind up using it as storage, depending what storage is available.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
rockhillmanor wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Where will this article be published?

In Mexico? :?
https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=73713791

LOL, even says she loves travel and adventure, maybe she's looking for a travel mate with an RV that doesn't smell.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
you are dragging a bathroom!!! It is easy to take an off ramp and then stop at the reenter ramp when a rest stop isn't handy. It is fast easy and takes but a minute more than at home.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
K3WE wrote:
These threads always amaze me as the narrow minded, black and white thinkers pour out.

I always do this or never do that...and then the dismissive 'I don't understand'

For a quick camp...me only...I'll rough it and save time dumping.

Other times, its full hook ups. Wife tends to like a big shower and lots of water, and a family showering will fill (or empty)tanks QUICKLY

Sometimes water is tight, sometimes there's lines, sometimes it's raining at 3:00 AM and there's a million other in between cases.
Choices and options are good.

Very well said ๐Ÿ™‚

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
These threads always amaze me as the narrow minded, black and white thinkers pour out.

I always do this or never do that...and then the dismissive 'I don't understand why someone would do it different from me.'

For a quick camp...me only...I'll rough it and save time dumping.

Other times, its full hook ups. Wife tends to like a big shower and lots of water, and a family showering will fill (or empty)tanks QUICKLY

Sometimes water is tight, sometimes there's lines, sometimes it's raining at 3:00 AM and there's a million other in between cases.

Choices and options are good.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
My wife uses the RV bathroom for all things which I don't have a problem with. I use it for most things but when solids call I use the campground toilet for pragmatic reasons. I use the CG bathroom farthest from my trailer as the walk helps with staging. And why would I want to use the 5er head when there is an elongated bowl with a Sloan power flush attached, bavoooom? Vault toilets are even better. At my age I have become an expert of the process and it might be the only thing I am good at. Besides, with the CG toilet I only have to deal with it once. LOL