cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Domedic refrigerator

mema_poppop
Explorer
Explorer
My domedic refrigerator in my Winnebago Class A, still works on propane, but it won't work on electric. Fuse tested good. Any other idea's why I can't get it to work on electric?

Mema
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try it on electric. Does it show AC on the eyebrow (Control panel) Good.
Do this when it is warm

Find the electric heat element the large metal tube on the right (outside) has two (well now days 4) wires going to it. two go to a push button. ignore those if it is working on propane they are good.. The other two go to a kind of "probe"

Find a test point (the other end of them) and see if 120vac is present
YES: control board good

now disconnect and see if they show resistance between them (on the order of 0.3333 ohms give or take a bit, near short) NO. Electric element bad..
Any RV dealer should have a replacement You may have "Fun" getting the old oneout it's the Probe like thing the wires attach to.. and the more than likely the wires)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I had this problem I tested everything,until I found This video and looked into that mysterious little black box and found that 5 amp glass fuse,replaced it and everything worked.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Model of refer?
Verify there is 120 volt in recptacle that powers refer in the outside refer access.
Check for 120 volts AC on circuit board output to the element.
Check the element for continuity if there is 120 volt output.
Power to outlet and no power to element would indicate circuit board failure. Remove circuit board and look for burnt area on the back of it.
If you need new circuit board I would suggest Dinosaur Electronics.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker