cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Domestic fridge issue in gas mode

Joejax
Explorer
Explorer
My dometic fridge will ignite but won't fire up like it should. I can see a small orange glow and a small blue flame but that's it. I don't hear anything either. Should be similar to the hot water tank correct? It is 8 years old and I have never done any maintenance on it and its fairly dirty around the igniter mechanical components. Any ideas? thanks
19 REPLIES 19

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Our Dometic requires about 12 hours to cool down when started on gas.. the freezer is the first to show cold.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Joejax
Explorer
Explorer
No. Its not getting cold and its sitting quite level. But I've never cleaned the flue etc. Could that be the issue?

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
As shown on the photos above the flame is relatively small, at least on our Dometic it is and it cools very well on gas mode although these RV fridges do take half a day or more to get to proper operating temp. I don't hear anything emanating from our fridge on gas mode except the occasional clicking of the igniter.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV fridge flame

RV water heater flame

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It won't get a huge flame like the WH does. The flame is actually quite small.
Does it stay cold? If so then it's probably working fine but there are maint. steps to take including cleaning the flue, orifice and burner.