cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic 9100 Power Awning Recall.

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
Just received this notice from Dometic today at my dealership.
The recall is for the electric motor used on OEM awnings installed from the factory.

If your coach was produced between February 13, 2013, serial #305xxxxxx through April 9, 2013, serial #314xxxxxx and has a Dometic power awning, you may want to check with Dometic.
The issue is that the awning could deploy either standing still or while driving.

This recall may also apply if you had your awning motor replaced around the same time.

Call 1-888-943-4908 for information.
5 REPLIES 5

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Says that is the Weather Pro models you know the ones that tuck on their own after sensing high wind or heavy rain. Certain other power models also affected.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/05/nhtsa-update-rv-related-recall-list-in-april/
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Ex-Tech wrote:
The recall is for the electric motor used on OEM awnings installed from the factory.

If your coach was produced between February 13, 2013, serial #305xxxxxx through April 9, 2013, serial #314xxxxxx and has a Dometic power awning, you may want to check with Dometic.
The issue is that the awning could deploy either standing still or while driving.

This recall may also apply if you had your awning motor replaced around the same time.

This comes from the news article recall notice:

The motor powered awnings and awning motor service kits were manufactured between February 13, 2013 and April 9, 2013.

http://rvnewsservice.com/2013/05/08/recall-tells-thousands-of-rvers-dont-drive-your-rig/

Note it says awnings and awning motor service kits manufactured during the affected dates, not that the coach itself was manufactured during the dates.
2016 Itasca Navion 24J

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
cpaulsen wrote:
Ex-Tech wrote:

If your coach was produced between February 13, 3013, serial #305xxxxxx through April 9, 2013, serial #314xxxxxx and has a Dometic power awning, you may want to check with Dometic.

Feb. 13,3013????

:R

bob34787
Explorer
Explorer
it a planned recall, so 1000 years from now we will be ready. actually I find myself doing that all the time typing 3013 instead of 2013

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Ex-Tech wrote:

If your coach was produced between February 13, 3013, serial #305xxxxxx through April 9, 2013, serial #314xxxxxx and has a Dometic power awning, you may want to check with Dometic.

Feb. 13,3013????
cpaulsen