cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

double tank drains

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
my son just bought a 28' TT and it has two grey tanks, one for the kitchen, one for the bathroom. TT is rear kitchen with mid restroom so the two drains are over 10' apart. Does anyone use some type of "T" to connect the two when hooked up? Since they're both just grey water a garden hose will drain them so thought about adapting the kitchen to 3/4" hose and connecting that to the 4", anyone do that?
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX
18 REPLIES 18

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lynnmor wrote:
I run the kitchen drain thru a garden hose to the campground sewer. There is a fitting with both 3" and garden connections.

I wouldn't hook the outlets together on the trailer because of getting flow back and forth between them.

Basically I did the same thing when I used all 3 tanks, IN my case the "Gray" tank is next to the black so they use a common connection, the WASH (That's gray minus the kitchen sink) is in the rear but not, currently, in use.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably to show as an example when a question like this comes up on the board.

Campinfan wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:

The funny thing to me is why would you have a photo of your sewer lines? Your vacation slide show must be a hoot. (I am just kidding here).
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
TUCQUALA wrote:
Should be easy to connect the rear tank to the front main drain. Here are pics of my modification to do just that.

The rubber couplings are for the possible time that I need to access the slide mechanism. No big drainage problems, depends on how level front to back. Usually just a cup or so of kitchen gray water remains in the pipes after dumping.

Many others on this board have done this also. Sorry, but I don't feel like carrying too many hoses and connections when a simple modification can make life easier!!!

Nice easy mod, will look at it this weekend on their maiden voyage with us. I would think the manufacturer would do this if they could though, I'm afraid the slide might be in the way. Thanks for the info.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

crosscheck
Explorer
Explorer
TUCQUALA wrote:
Should be easy to connect the rear tank to the front main drain. Here are pics of my modification to do just that.

The rubber couplings are for the possible time that I need to access the slide mechanism. No big drainage problems, depends on how level front to back. Usually just a cup or so of kitchen gray water remains in the pipes after dumping.

Many others on this board have done this also. Sorry, but I don't feel like carrying too many hoses and connections when a simple modification can make life easier!!!

I have the same mod as Tucquala. At the dump station, open the black and soon after open both greys. The rear grey dumps slower than front so it is still flowing when black and front grey finished , therefor cleaning discharge hose. Fill up fresh when waiting for the rear grey to empty. Used to park halfway between the 2 discharge valves and move the slinky between them but have now eliminated that step. Much faster discharge, do not have to move TT and eliminates moving slinky hose. Mod takes around 2 hours and $30 worth of parts.

Dave
2016 F350 Diesel 4X4 CC SRW SB,
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex Freedom 2012 inverter, 4 6V GC-2 (450AH)
2006 F350 CC 4X4 sold
2011 Outfitter 9.5' sold
Some Of Our Fun:http://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca/

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the same setup. When we got the TT new, we bought a Valterra wye fitting. Used it exactly once. I simply drain the forward black/grey tanks and then move the hose to the rear kitchen grey tank outlet. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy as they say. Want a wye? Make us an offer we can't refuse. *Almost* like new. ๐Ÿ™‚

The thing that is a nuisance is that in their infinite wisdom, the factory put the forward outlet partly under the slide so I have to kneel down on the ground to attach the hose when the slide is out. Pffft... :M

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
i think he's going to have to buy a lot of sewer hose and fittings! the black/primary grey drains are toward the front and most site hookups are toward the rear. I did see the Valterra fitting with a hose connection, that would tie in the galley tank and only need a short garden hose.

Thanks all
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
DutchmenSport wrote:

The funny thing to me is why would you have a photo of your sewer lines? Your vacation slide show must be a hoot. (I am just kidding here).

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer

'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:

Dutch that looks like a lot of work to me. Keep in mind I am a weekend warrior. My galley sink and rear 1/2 bath are on one discharge.
Main bath is on the other.
Truth is the only tank that will fill is the grey from the shower. The rest of my tanks will easily last a week.

It is easier to just move the sewer hose from the front to the rear to the rear discharge, at the end of the trip, than to set up wye and additional hose. I only need to dump via the rear discharge once.
It's not like I'm constantly dumping from both discharges the entire trip.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like a bunch of worms, Dutch.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Try this: Camco RhinoFLEX RV Wye Fitting
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a y connector at the sewer pipe with regular sewer hoses
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

BBFD
Explorer
Explorer
My FW has two drains about 10' apart as well (both drain black with 2 baths so garden hose is not an option) and I use the Dominator sewer hose kit as it has various lengths of hose available and also a Y. Quality seems to be much higher than the cheap stuff from Walmart, etc. Not sure if there is any one method that is better than the other as I can see both ways working fine. I wanted a higher quality hose and it happened to have a Y so I went for it.
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie CTD
2017 KZ Durango 292BHT