cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dually tires

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
How is everyone inflating there tires on there dually.
17 REPLIES 17

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Dual chuck also but I do have to remove my wheel trim rings to get at the valve stems easily.

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I find the inner ones easy - the straight on end of the chuck goes straight on the valve stem and my chuck has a long handle. The outer wheel is the difficult one. The valve stem has to almost reach the rim opening for that backwards end on the chuck to reach it. And it is awkward to pull it at the right angle. I use a short extender with an end that doesn't need a cap.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
rtz549 wrote:
Just get a dual head air chuck:

but you if you have smaller hand holes, you may need a different reverse angle, like 180 degrees, cause that 30ยบ reverse angle will not line up through the hand hole properly to fit on the tire air valve.

You will notice that one has a 180ยบ reverse chuck, while the other has only a 30ยบ reverse angle chuck.

Same with the gauges:

Alcoa sells these gauges and air chucks in both 30ยบ reverse angle and 180ยบ reverse angle.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
I go to my neighborhood shop and have them do it. No hastle, usually have a cup of coffee and talk to the little cashier while I wait. They also don't charge me, since I have taken them all of my business for the last 40 years.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
machunt wrote:
I would like to thank the guys that took my question serious,

turbo, was that 40$ a tire? as for the others thanks again

It cost me 40 bucks for both. The shop typically works on dump trucks and 18 wheelers. Took about 35 minutes for the tech to knock it out. He aligned the valves 180 from each other so it makes it even easier to air up...
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep, that's the one I have to use also.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
I have to use a strait headed dually air chuck, I tried one like was posted before but the angle the head is at would not let me get a good connection on the inner tire. I have one like this:

And my valve stems are right behind each other, not 180 degrees off. It would make it easier accessing the inner one if I didn't have to work around the first valve stem.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to thank the guys that took my question serious,

turbo, was that 40$ a tire? as for the others thanks again

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
I had steel valves intalled for 40 bucks at a truck shop. No more struggling to air up inner tires.

Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
First time I checked the tires it was a major pain to remove the inner stem caps. Second time around I realized I didn't have to. Since then it has been pretty easy with the right chuck.

Megadesertdiese
Explorer
Explorer
Plumbing test ball extension hose. I only loose 2psi when i remove it.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
This brings up an interesting point. My dually came from the factory with both valve stems lined up next to each other. The other day I came across something that said the valve stems should be mounted 180* apart. Hadn't heard that one before.

To answer the OP's question; I also use a dual chuck and keep the tires at the recommended pressure - 70 front, 65 rear. Haven't found the need to change the pressures.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a dual head chuck, but not that one. I have to use one that is a different angle than that. Pretty much a piece o'cake.

You are talking duallies on the truck aren't you?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rtz549
Explorer
Explorer
Just get a dual head air chuck: