cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

electric fireplace

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
We got home from a short outing to find that the glass front of our fireplace has broken. Has anyone had to replace this item. I am waiting for Jayco but they were bought out a few years ago and the new company has their name on everything so I don't know the real manufacturer.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.
8 REPLIES 8

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
ken56 wrote:
No reason why that won't run without the glass. There is no heat on the glass. All it is a a small electric heater with a blower and the "log" and light is just for looks.

I agree.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
No reason why that won't run without the glass. There is no heat on the glass. All it is a a small electric heater with a blower and the "log" and light is just for looks.

dedmiston
Haven't had to do it in our RV, but we had to replace the glass doors on our residential fireplace not too long after we moved in. We've been here 26 years now and the replacements worked fine. We just went to a local glass shop and told them it was for a fireplace.

I forget what kind of magic they used when they sourced it, but they said this glass would do the trick. It has, so far.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most likely it could run without the glass just fine. An electric fireplace is just a space heater bundled together with a fancy light projection system or similar to make it look like a fire. The glass front just protects the fake fire apparatus from inadvertent damage.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
unknown turf here.......... Do you think I can run it without the glass? no kids and just us going to RV park for winter. Just wondering as time is running short and we do need it this winter
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
Nearly all the electric fireplaces are made in Africa or China nowadays. There is no parts or support network for them. If the glass is flat, you could have a glass shop cut you a new one. If it's curved, you can either cut a piece of Lexan and bend it or just replace the fireplace.

Rob

Just over $200 you get an entire new, you will need the size so it fits. I got the same size and still had to open the cabinet maybe 1/2 inch. Bezel covered nicely.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nearly all the electric fireplaces are made in Africa or China nowadays. There is no parts or support network for them. If the glass is flat, you could have a glass shop cut you a new one. If it's curved, you can either cut a piece of Lexan and bend it or just replace the fireplace.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably Lippert

Busdriver