cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

End of an era...

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
I'm all set up in site #129- my favorite at Kerrville Schreiner Park. This is my last trip in my beloved Colby T, after a great 5 year run. Next week, I am upgrading to a new camper, a Freedom Express LTZ 192 RBS. It will be more comfortable for my wife, who is promising to accompany me more in the future. Bittersweet.
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos
7 REPLIES 7

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
In 2008, we sold our four year old Puma. It was our first camper and we had done Disney twice, multiple beach trips, amusement parks, and countless state park trips. I still remember watching the people drive down the road with it behind their Tahoe.

It was like losing an old friend.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I was sad to say goodbye to our little class B van this year - needed more room to tote my 70-lb dog around with us. It was the best thing to do and I loved the new layout, but I mourned the good times gone by for a few months.

After the first long trip in the bigger RV, I'm not mourning anymore. It takes a while to get comfortable with the change, re-establish where you'll put stuff and get the flow going.

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. Now you can build new memories!

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Having a rig that ticks all the boxes for your wife is about the smartest "upgrade" out there. Happy travels.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

smokedummy
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats Jim! And you have already named the new trailer! "Love Shack" (unless of course your better half vetoes). We're sticking with our little Retro 140 a while longer.
2012 Skyline Mountain View Retro 140, 16'.

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
Don't know whether to offer congratulations on the wife joining you more often, or condolences.

It's a bit of both! But in all honesty, I'm thrilled that she will be more willing now. I can't blame her for not liking my little camper. You can't close the bathroom door if you're sitting on the pot, the bed touches three walls and someone has to climb over the other person to get in and out of bed, and there's just not enough room to be comfortable when there are two of us on board. It was a great man cave. But now that I'm retiring, I'm looking for more of a "love shack".
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know whether to offer congratulations on the wife joining you more often, or condolences.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Find a buyer for the Colby that will appreciate it. Passing it along like that takes some of the sting away.
Congrats on the new rig!
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton