cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Evolving Canines, de-evoloving people?

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
So this last weekend my daughter wanted to go camping for the 3 day weekend. We went over to the coast which is only a few hours away for a nice family getaway.

We went to a very nice and popular campground on the beach. When I checked in I made sure to read all the rules as I always do. One of the normal rules was you had to pick up after your dog.

Since my daughter brought her dog with her I made it clear that she must pickup after her dog or we could get kicked out of the campground and I would not get my money back. As always, she followed that rule to the T.

The funny thing is; just a few miles down the coastline is San Francisco.

Now I know it's hard for someone that lives in lets say Hoxie Ks to know all the laws we have out west and I know it will be even harder for them to believe what I'm about to write:

There are no rules or laws in SF about your dog pooping or peeing on the sidwalk. In fact; humans can even poop or pee in SF with impunity. Feel free to pee away!

That's right, the new DA of SF says' you don't have to pick up after yourself let alone your dog! Hookers seem to be ok with him too.

So if you happen to be vacationing in SF with a dog this year, feel free let him or her do there thing on the street and walk away. Feel free to do the same if you feel the need. Those bags were kind of a pain to carry around anyway! :B

It's a wild, wild world out there but please watch your step before you get into your RV......enjoy your stay!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln
35 REPLIES 35

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I'm kind of a "water-quality wonk" and in FL they are really pounding it into people's heads to pick up after their dogs because the waste washes into the local waterways and ultimately, either the big rivers or the ocean/gulf.

I wouldn't even want to think of what the e-coli levels are at any west-coast beaches....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Why would anyone even want to take their dog to one of those California cities. I donโ€™t ever expect to visit one again and I guarantee I wouldnโ€™t take my dog to one of them.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
SF hands out a half million free needles to heroin addicts every year, most of which are discarded onto the streets (along with all of the human urine & feces). In fact, all of the restaurants/bars use blue lighting in their restrooms...so that the junkies don't shoot up in there (they can't see their veins under the blue lights). But yes, don't you dare use a plastic straw, or a single-use plastic bag!
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
This is the inevitable result of liberal policies. S.F. is just the point of the spear, and as long as we keep electing liberal leadership, it will only worsen and spread wider. And it won't just be S.F. or just CA. It is coming soon to your blue state too.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
SF One of the most beautiful cities in the world is literally going down the toilet.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I had my road tractor I spent a lot of time in Calif. I loved the state but their laws and ways I can do without.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
what does this have to do with RVing? You're just whinging about a place you don't like - so just don't go there and quit whinging about it.
Kind of like if you don't like a thread don't read it.

Usually this same behavior moves to campgrounds and RV parks. Just like the trashing and tagging of our national parks.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Darn it, someone beat me to the plastic straw scenario....Calif is just the best!!! NOT....
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
what does this have to do with RVing? You're just whinging about a place you don't like - so just don't go there and quit whinging about it.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
In Denver it is much the same. A business owner is being fined for not cleaning the poop off the sidewalk in front of his businesses. He reported they back up to his wall and let her rip. Syringes, poop, garbage all over the place.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
You can make fun of KS or the midwest all you want but in the long run it's about quality of life. I did enjoy the Sierra's and the winery's but CA has a lot of social issues.

LOL, I think you misconstrued my Hoxie analogy. I used that town because that's the town my dad was born in. I wouldn't mind living there at all. I will never live, and I don't even want to travel to SF (even though my wife's Dr is there) for all the above reasons.

When I do go there (for my wife's Dr) I have to watch my step. Kind of like walking in a mine field. And yes, last time I was down there I saw all sorts of stuff you only see in third world countries. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Thanks for the clarification. I just don't understand the mentality of people who keep electing the same people over and over that create this situation. California is such a beautiful state with so much to offer.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
You are cherry picking the question,
You chose a location where the presence of "people" can be answered with yes, but "intelligent life" with a no.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Does this mean if we go to San Francisco we can legally dump our holding tanks into the city storm drains? Awesome!

I think you have the green light! Dump away! :B

outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
You can make fun of KS or the midwest all you want but in the long run it's about quality of life. I did enjoy the Sierra's and the winery's but CA has a lot of social issues.

LOL, I think you misconstrued my Hoxie analogy. I used that town because that's the town my dad was born in. I wouldn't mind living there at all. I will never live, and I don't even want to travel to SF (even though my wife's Dr is there) for all the above reasons.

When I do go there (for my wife's Dr) I have to watch my step. Kind of like walking in a mine field. And yes, last time I was down there I saw all sorts of stuff you only see in third world countries. ๐Ÿ˜ž

outside the fire"