cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exterior Windshield Cover Issues

Ifeellucky2
Explorer
Explorer
I have a class ‘C’ Coachmen Leprechaun with a exterior windshield cover that is secured with magnets. We live in Arizona and after having it on the rig for several weeks we found out that the magnets melted onto the coach. What a mess to say the least. After serval days of work I was able to remove the magnets using WD40 and a paint scrapper. My questions is has anyone else had this issue and how did you resolve it? When looking at windshield covers magnetics seem to be the product of choice. Thanks for any advice!
7 REPLIES 7

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
We were in Lake Havasu City a few years ago, granted, we were only there four days, but at 120 degrees never had that problem, really don't know how that would happen.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
ItsyRV wrote:
I have the ADCO covers with magnets and no matter how hot or how long it's exposed to direct sunlight, the magnets have never melted. Their magnets are embedded within the material so they don't come in direct contact with the RV's body.

Agreed. Never have had a problem with our ADCO cover.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the adco. Strip goes over door and maget is in pocket of material. As stated the magnets never actually touch the metal of the door.

Have never had an issue.
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

cableguy574
Explorer
Explorer
Try magnashade
2008 National Pacifica V36a
2014 Jeep Wrangler /Brake Buddy
JUST Me & My wife & dogs 🙂
FMCA 387898
A member of NUTS

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
I have the ADCO covers with magnets and no matter how hot or how long it's exposed to direct sunlight, the magnets have never melted. Their magnets are embedded within the material so they don't come in direct contact with the RV's body.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
WOW it must have been really hot! I have had mine on for more than a week at 113 degrees with no problems,the only magnets are on the lower corners on the door.

I take it that the material melted with the magnet on it.

Maybe next time put some Parchment Paper between the magnet and the metal,it should slide right off
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C