cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

External Speakers, do you really want them ?

mountainborn
Explorer
Explorer
While boondocking on a local lake we had quite a storm and found a drip in a kitchen cabinet. Back tracking we found the culprit. Here is the photos and repair story.

Photo and repair story
2010 Coleman Fifth wheel CT325
2008 Ford F350 Dually
2012 Jeep JK Hardtop
http://www.mountainborn.blogspot.com/
93 REPLIES 93

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
D & M wrote:
kellertx5er wrote:
I don't think I have ever come across a more polarizing topic than this. Even the Ford vs GM vs Dodge/Ram guys don't go at it like this!

Scratch out the word "speakers" and insert "Outside lights" and you will get the same reaction. LOL. And remember this thread started off with the OP describing how he discovered a leak and how he fixed it, not how much he enjoyed listening to music on them, or how loud he played them.

And I don't get why those that post that they enjjoy outdoor speakers always sneak in some reference to how they play them softly, or they are respectful. I seldom listen to the outdoor speakers. However when I do, I set my volume as loud or as soft as it takes to make me happy. And I expect others to do the same. You either like them and use them, or you don't. I make no Your making way too much sense for this forum.Your makingapologies. I don't come to a community and demand that they keep their kids quiet, or that they don't idle their diesel engines. I am respectful of others rights to enjoy their vacation. I'm not going to live there forever, I will never see these people again, and I don't sweat the small stuff.

No one has to buckle under and placate those that do not have your views with soft platitudes and excusers. The anti speaker people never say that they gently ask the person listening to music to turn them down, or apologize for pushing their views on them. They scream for their heads and want them evicted from "their" campground.

And don't even get me started on those that use the words "noise pollution" or "light pollution" as it was some kind of electronic smog. :M
Your making why too much sense for this forum.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

rambotheshark
Explorer
Explorer
I highly recommend this speaker. You will have a very hard time finding a better speaker than this for the money ($99). You can connect your phone via bluetooth to stream music.

Just a great speaker for the money.

I have bought four. One for me. One for my Dad. One for my brother and one for a friend.

http://www.amazon.com/G-Project-Wireless-Bluetooth-Boombox-Speaker/dp/B00CKYVYI6

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't need the outside speakers. If I crank the inside stereo the neighbors can hear it plain as day in there RV.:B That said I sit outside in the dark looking at the stars in the quiet with an adult beverage. Most of the time my neighbors join me, (Seasonal site).

Mr__Black
Explorer
Explorer
You speak some excellent words D&M.

My comment to respect others with my outside speakers was merely based on my common sense of what's too loud for others. Even if that means walking away from my camper over to the next site to have a listen for myself. Wouldn't want someone to be irritated by some crazy heavy metal music. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I must say I am of the type that enjoys my self when I go RVing and am not the crochety old man.
Steve

2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 LB, Bone Stock. B&W Turnover / Companion. Airlift Airbags 57291. Leveling Kit. RS9000 Shocks.

2012 Heartland Sundance 3100RB 5th wheel. 36' @ 12k pounds.

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
kellertx5er wrote:
I don't think I have ever come across a more polarizing topic than this. Even the Ford vs GM vs Dodge/Ram guys don't go at it like this!

Scratch out the word "speakers" and insert "Outside lights" and you will get the same reaction. LOL. And remember this thread started off with the OP describing how he discovered a leak and how he fixed it, not how much he enjoyed listening to music on them, or how loud he played them.

And I don't get why those that post that they enjoy outdoor speakers always sneak in some reference to how they play them softly, or they are respectful. I seldom listen to the outdoor speakers. However when I do, I set my volume as loud or as soft as it takes to make me happy. And I expect others to do the same. You either like them and use them, or you don't. I make no apologies. I don't come to a community and demand that they keep their kids quiet, or that they don't idle their diesel engines. I am respectful of others rights to enjoy their vacation. I'm not going to live there forever, I will never see these people again, and I don't sweat the small stuff.

No one has to buckle under and placate those that do not have your views with soft platitudes and excusers. The anti speaker people never say that they gently ask the person listening to music to turn them down, or apologize for pushing their views on them. They scream for their heads and want them evicted from "their" campground.

And don't even get me started on those that use the words "noise pollution" or "light pollution" as it was some kind of electronic smog. :M
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is "camping", and there is "recreational-vehicle-ing".
Now,..... every time I go RVing I can assure you I'm far from being miserable.
OTOH if I were to go camping I doubt if I would be a happy one.
So, just because I like to do it "my way" it certainly is no reason to think I'm miserable. But, if someone seems intent on making me miserable,....they always fail. I just hitch up the ole toad and go RVing somewhere else.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

pappcam
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Black wrote:
Not pointing fingers at anyone, but every time I enter a thread like this, I can only think some of you people must live some pretty miserable lives.

Respecting others maybe a lost art in this country but I still do my best to not annoy anyone else.

I use my outside speakers every where we go and have never had a complaint and likely never will. Oh, and as of now, they don't leak. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep. I posted the same one page back. If some people are that miserable when camping then I'm thinking their every day lives are unimaginably miserable.

Love my outside speakers... ๐Ÿ™‚
2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
2011 F150 XLT 5.0

Mr__Black
Explorer
Explorer
Not pointing fingers at anyone, but every time I enter a thread like this, I can only think some of you people must live some pretty miserable lives.

Respecting others maybe a lost art in this country but I still do my best to not annoy anyone else.

I use my outside speakers every where we go and have never had a complaint and likely never will. Oh, and as of now, they don't leak. ๐Ÿ™‚
Steve

2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 LB, Bone Stock. B&W Turnover / Companion. Airlift Airbags 57291. Leveling Kit. RS9000 Shocks.

2012 Heartland Sundance 3100RB 5th wheel. 36' @ 12k pounds.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
They must really like mine! they`re always saying "Hey, do you think you can turn it up a little more?" I always oblige, and then they go inside, I think they want to hear my music inside their camper!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
I just "LOVE" my neighbors outdoor speakers! LOL

stitchinsue
Explorer
Explorer
I love ours. I keep the music very low and respectful.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
If I have to listen to peoples screaming kids, they are going to listen to my crappy music;)
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

kellertx5er
Explorer
Explorer
Keller TX
'19 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L
'09 Outback Sydney 321FRL 5er
SUPPORT TEXAS STATE PARKS

srdeane
Explorer
Explorer
For those without outdoor speakers and don't want to install them, you may want to try this easy solution. We load up the Ipad with music and bring our little Bluetooth speaker. Ipad/speaker sound can be adjusted to a very low level, so you're not disturbing anyone with your music.