cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fiat 500X - flat towable?

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
still looking for a CRV replacement - anyone here have experience with the 500x or the 500c?
RVing since '74..
12 REPLIES 12

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
well it appears that the 500X has the same drive train as the Jeep Renegade and is not flat towable, manual or automatic.
RVing since '74..

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
ccchuck wrote:
still looking for a CRV replacement - anyone here have experience with the 500x or the 500c?

Closest thing to a CR-V would be the Doblo, and we don't get that one. 500c is one of the tiny ones, 500X is closer to being like a Mazda 3, sporty 4-door hatchback, but a lot smaller than CR-V, Equinox et al.

Look at the 500L, it is about the size of a Honda Fit, a bit roomier than the 500X because of the square shape. Both share the 160 HP turbo engine with the Abarth. I have a Fit, and think the extra 40 HP might be nice for a car this size and weight.

Our Abarth 500 sure can move. It is good to have the extra power when bigger vehicles try to push you around just because you are small. Our salesman said ours was made in Mexico
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
ccchuck wrote:

Closest thing to a CR-V would be the Doblo, and we don't get that one. 500c is one of the tiny ones, 500X is closer to being like a Mazda 3, sporty 4-door hatchback, but a lot smaller than CR-V, Equinox et al.

Look at the 500L, it is about the size of a Honda Fit, a bit roomier than the 500X because of the square shape. Both share the 160 HP turbo engine with the Abarth. I have a Fit, and think the extra 40 HP might be nice for a car this size and weight.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
ccchuck wrote:
I am a stranger to fiat - is the 500, 500c, and 500x all the same size?

X and L are larger four-doors, X being a "sporty crossover" and the L being a square-back MPV about the size of the Honda Fit. 500, 500c, 500e are equipment variants on the two door mini-car.

The 500 name has been so successful here that maybe all car models sold here will be called 500 something. That has worked its way back into marketing for Europe as well, with a couple of larger Fiat models being called 500 when updated to newer versions or replaced. Still, we get only a small sampling of the different kinds and sizes of Fiats made.

500L is from Serbia. Buy that one, they need the economic boost.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
nevadanick wrote:
Are they over the
Fix
It
Again
Tony

No, Fiat & Chrysler are still the lowest ranking vehicles in the J.D. Power's Initial Quality Survey and Long Term Reliability Survey for 2015.

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Nevadanick....olden days...this has been one top notch vehicle. Bought it new, 2013, and no mechanical problems. Used to have a MGB...NO comparison. Love the Fiat.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Are they over the
Fix
It
Again
Tony

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Don'the know about the X model... mine is the 500. Can you search the Fiat website and get the different specifications?

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
I am a stranger to fiat - is the 500, 500c, and 500x all the same size?
RVing since '74..

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Tow a 500, manual. Neat little car and tows great. Use a Blue Ox.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We tow a Fiat Abarth Standard with no problems. Hardly know its back there. Fun little car, great gas mileage - just small!
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)