cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flat Towing a Convertible Automatic

johnbo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I would like to know if anyone is Flat Towing a Convertible that is an automatic. I would like to be able to flat tow a convertible but I want an automatic. I can't seem to find any convertibles that are automatic that can be flat towed. Thank You John
5 REPLIES 5

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
well, let's see...
I can CONVERT my hardtop Jeep to a soft top, and then I can remove the side and rear panels and roll them up, and then I can fold the front of the top back, or fold the top down completely, CONVERTING the Jeep to a fully open vehicle.
Then, in just a few minutes, I can have the Jeep fully enclosed again.
Seems to me that meets the definition of "convertible".
Yes, it is more work and time than just pushing the button on the PT Cruiser, but the Rubicon WILL convert to a fully open vehicle!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Wrangler's with a soft top aren't convertibles, but they sure will meet all the criteria and for all terrain, as well.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
PT Cruiser. Towable 4-down with a lube pump. I tow mine on a dolly, no problems.
Chrysler Sebring convertible may also be towable with a lube pump. I don't know for sure, so you need to check with Remco.
ANY front wheel drive convertible is dolly towable.
A dolly isn't as bad as some seem to think. But, if you are dead set against using one, a lube pump may be your only option.
good luck.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Jeep

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
It would be useful to state what sort of Vehicle You are considering!.

We tow a Geo Tracker that is a Convertible. Although Ours is a Standard they are available with Automatic Transmission as well as Four Wheel Drive! All are towable four wheels down.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD