cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flex Seal, Flex Tape and Flex Glue...

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious as to their applications for rv's?
Would they be safe and maybe one of those items that could be added to the "must haves"? And do they work as well as advertised?
Thanks
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
28 REPLIES 28

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
EasternShoreLivin wrote:
... I still have the remainder of the roll - who knows, maybe I'll find some use for it.
Keep it near the toilet...you never know.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

EasternShoreLiv
Explorer
Explorer
Flex tape didn't work to stop a leak on a cracked toilet flush valve to get me through a weekend camping trip - ended up taking a 3 hour round trip to get a new valve... no leaks with that one. I still have the remainder of the roll - who knows, maybe I'll find some use for it.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
On my previous TT, I noticed a small tear in the awning fabric while cleaning it. I used a piece of Eternabond tape to cover it on the top side, and had no further issues.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
Used the Flex Steel spray on dripping water faucets on a couple rain barrels under our chicken coop. FAIL!
Used it almost daily for about 2 weeks to stop a leak around the threaded collar of our indoor shower head. FAIL!
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can take a loader bucket full of junk, dump it out into a heap, and then glue all of it together with flex glue into the most awesome dune buggy you've ever seen. Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooo.

If your suckered into buying that garbage....it must have been a real letdown when Ron Popiel stopped peddling his miracle products.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
dpgllg wrote:
For tape applications Eternabond only

For horizontal level applications Dicor self leveling sealant only

I do not ever want to have to think if the product installed is going to work or not or even worse discovering it did not work!

These two products are proven to do the job

Dave

Well maybe
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Honda Element following us :W
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
:C Rallys attended
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Quartzite, Az. '10...but not again:R
Good Sams "The Rally" Redmond Or. '11
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
jerryjay11 wrote:
I've used flex seal and flex tape om my last camper and now on our new camper. If the area it is used on is cleaned properly it holds real well. Never had any problem with it.

And this is what I have found with anything I do on the MH...It has to be cleaned and then cleaned again before applications!!:C
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Honda Element following us :W
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
:C Rallys attended
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Quartzite, Az. '10...but not again:R
Good Sams "The Rally" Redmond Or. '11
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi, Phil Swift here for Flex-Tape, just stopped by to say "hello"!

mudhound
Explorer
Explorer
The ugly duckling wrote:
Eternabond tape only! Proven performance a durability.

same here. This stuff is real
:C

God Bless

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I actually tried the Flex Seal on a leaky seam on a home gutter. Did not work worth a hoot. I tried several layers and it never did stop the leak. More good marketing than good product. I figured the "As seen on TV" product was going to be a disappointment, and I wasn't surprised.

Tried it as well. Still leaked. Garbage.

ctilsie242
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since Eternabond comes in 48" wide rolls, I have wondered about taking three rolls of the stuff and having roof that is completely Eternabond tape. Of course, there would be overlap, but nothing would be getting past it.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have allot of extra cash but no way I'm going anywhere without Eternabond tape some Dicor a caulk gun and a ladder. Call me crazy.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I used Flex Seal spray on the roof of our Florida Condo's sunroom, to stop the incessant leaking. It worked, for probably a month - then either dissolved or was gobbled up by the sunshine? By the time we returned the next fall, it was leaking as bad, if not worse, than before.

I have full faith in Eternabond tape - but it's expensive. Rather than cover the sunroom with Eternabond, we opted to replace it. Still might have been cheaper than an Eternabond Roof.....LOL!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!