cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Florida Plates; How to Prove We haven't Been There Lately.

rfloyd99
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning to leave the Tampa Bay area on July 7, driving straight through to Denver. Florida is becoming a real hotspot for COVID. I'm worried that one or more of the states we'll have to pass through could impose travel restrictions, possibly after we're several hundred miles into the trip. We also plan to visit a few other states out west before heading home in October, and FL license plates could be a problem.

We're retired and have been able to social distance, wear masks, stay home, etc. We will take all precautions while traveling to avoid spreading, in case we happen to be carrying it.

It would help to be able to prove that we've been out of Florida for several weeks, once we've reached that point. Google Maps sends me a report monthly on where I've driven, I assume using data from my map searches and location data from my phone . Does anyone know how to access that information? Or have any other ideas for proving where we've been, and when? Or anything to add regarding recent travel experiences, etc. 

This is a trip we are committed to making for various reasons.

Thanks!
32 REPLIES 32

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
The issue of the liberty to travel is being litigated right now:

https://libertycenter.org/hearing-date-set-in-hawaii-right-to-travel-case/
2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I keep a daily log of travels. Will just staple receipts from that day to the log. Hope that is sufficient for the "checkers."

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It's your Florida that is "checking papers" of those entering the state.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
Get a covid test. will be your passport
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Governors can with the proper state statutes deny entry, remove or quarantine travelers. Receipts etc. might prove you have been out of Florida for whatever time but getting a state to except that proof could be difficult or impossible.

https://www.claimsjournal.com/news/national/2020/03/18/296072.htm
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
pennysmom09 wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
The guy in that video above is a total moron. Unfortunately there are way too many out there like him.

What video?

From the previous post:
"this guy"

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
The guy in that video above is a total moron. Unfortunately there are way too many out there like him.

What video?
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Texas was limiting travel from Louisiana (when La. was a hot spot for covid19) to Texas by setting up stops on major highways, taking information, and requiring 2 week self quarantine after entering the state. Not doing that now. Now Texas is a hot spot you may want to avoid.

Don’t know if any states are prohibiting or restricting travel right now except some northeastern states. Google should provide you with state by state info.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I believe FL was restricting people from up North at one time. Right now I can't get into a camp ground in WV because I am from another state. I guess we just take our chances, Wal Mart, rest area, truck stop, side of the road. Its the chance we take.

Traveling back-and-forth between Georgia and Florida didn't stop this guy from entering Florida at the check point on I95. He travels back and forth between Florida and Georgia.

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Your bigger concern will likely be the Gladys Kravitts of the world. I wouldn't be planning a multi-state adventure this year. Anticipating where outbreaks will be occurring is the stuff for Crystal Balls. It was NY, NJ, and MA. Now it's FL, TX, CA and AZ. A month from now it will be WXYZ. But it is a pretty safe bet that paranoia will still be out there. No matter where you are from or where you are going there is the potential for issues. Quarantines are going to come and go and shift with the wind. Personally, this would be a year I would pick a place and stay put once I got there.

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
This May we traveled from Azizona to Washington State with no problems at all. I had the same fear that we might get stopped. Just remember that all states still have COVID 19 but no state will stop you from driving traveling through it. If you stay in some they may ask you to self quarntine.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I believe FL was restricting people from up North at one time. Right now I can't get into a camp ground in WV because I am from another state. I guess we just take our chances, Wal Mart, rest area, truck stop, side of the road. Its the chance we take.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Steal some different license plates?? Lol
Seriously don’t worry about it. It’s silly.
BUT if you can’t get over it, I have a couple Extra sets of WA tags, with 2020 registration on them. I’ll sell you a set and you can go incognito as a resident of another state!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Obtain, keep and log every receipt. On fuel receipts including propane add location and mileage as necessary. This was very adequate for CA when I appied for use (sales) tax exemption for our motorhome as it shows a clear record of our travel.

My log was a digital text document so no handwriting misunderstanding.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob