cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flush King use with Well water source.....yes or no?

HuckFinn410
Explorer
Explorer
This may be a question better called in to the old “Mr. Obvious” radio show…….but, here goes…

I am having some difficulties getting a full cleanout of my black tank at my seasonal site. The angle of the sewer pipe from the camper to the connection is almost level..not quite but the drop is very slight. In the past, while on the road, using dump stations, occasionally I have used my Flush King to get things cleaned out properly.

Being on a seasonal site this year, and the campground using a well for their water source, I want to make sure that I don’t do anything to compromise the safety of the drinking water source.

The Flush King has a water shut that prevents “back flushing” back into the hose, but it is technically not a “back flow” prevention device. I want to use the Flush King but the only source of water is the potable well water.

Is it irresponsible to try to do this? I am confident in my ability to prevent any waste water from back flowing and am very experienced with the Flush King…

The drop from the toilet into the black tank is at an angle that prevents me from shoving a "wand" type cleanout device down into it.

Any suggestions? My black tank periodically needs a serious douching and the traditional filling, refilling and flushing through normal means just doesn’t get it done like the occasional Flush King.
Homesick for a place that I've never been
4 REPLIES 4

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
I would not attach a drinking water source to the Flush King (I have one but only use it with the non-potable water at a dump station). Any fecal bacteria that would make its way into the drinking water could have serious impact on others drinking the water.

A backflow preventer would help - a lot - just be real careful not to give any other innocent people any GI distress!
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
YOu can use the Flush King with any pressurized water source, HOWEVER DO NOT use it without a proper back flow prevention device (IE: Vacuum breaker) My "Flush" hose has both a spring check valve and a vacuum breaker on it.

In addition unknown to me when I made up the hose there is a vacuum breaker inside the RV, and when I replaced the cheap thing the factory installed with a "Tornado" flusher it has a 2nd spring check.

Two belts and two pair of suspenders hold up that pair of pants :).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also even with a limited drain angle.....stuff flows down hill. So after dumping black tank fill it back up and dump again...repeat as necessary.
Having a clear adapter connected between end of dump line and sewer hose lets you 'see' how the stuff is flowing and when it's clean.

Then do a quickie flush of lines using the Flush King. As stated water flows under pressure just one way.....to the lesser pressured direction.

You are waiting until black tank is full/very full before dumping...right?

The 'stuff' in tank is carried out by the high volume/weight of the liquids. The higher the level before dumping the better the stuff gets evacuated.

Then after completely dumping/rinsing......add a few gallons of water back into tank so bottom of tank stays wet......less likely for stuff to stick to bottom, dry out, pile up and stink.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Backflow generally happens when the pressure on the contaminated side ofd\d the system becomes greater than the pressure on the potable side of the system. Since there is no back pressure with the Flush King you really don't need to worry.

However, you can alwasys pick up a backflow preventer and screw it on to the hose bib to five you peace of mind.

Clicky
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.