cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Former or Inactive members

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was thinking the other day about guys that were very active on this forum for a while and dropped off for one reason or another:

1. Caddywhompus
2. Jimmy034
3. crappiefisherman
4. LAdams (former moderator)
5. skipnchar

I know I am missing a bunch...
92 REPLIES 92

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
What about Steve,I forgot his last name, but he had a couple Arctic Foxes and wrote about his travels in Alaska? Loved to read about his adventures..

B>O.
Think you're talking about Steve Rankin - I really miss him too.

Loved his dirty trailer picture taken up at the Arctic Circle. ๐Ÿ™‚

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
As a former DP owner I found so many posts from Wolfe10 were great and helpful. His answers got me headed in the right direction so many times. I now own a large TT and some of the posts about TT and TV are useless arguments about what to what to tow with not a lot of useful information here anymore.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years we have met so many wonderful folks in our travels and at RV.NET rallies. Some no longer have RV's but we stay in touch periodically - We can no longer travel back east or the mid-west as we used to do every year. Some of the names mentioned I really miss and a few we had to take away posting privileges.

As for forum membership the numbers and post are still high although not as high as some years ago. As with service clubs and other organizations, the younger set are not as much joiners as former generations.

Too many social sites and too much technology to suit me. I grew up being a "mad" scientist but some aspects of current technology do not entice meeting others on forums or in person.

I grew up in what I call the golden years of electronic communications and spent my working years in many different aspects of the industry. These days, other than sill spending considerable time on this forum, I prefer to read, study, and learn about history. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Charlie D. wrote:
I visited with Supercharged in a Costco parking lot in Phoenix a few years ago. Interesting guy and we had a long visit. He really has a supercharged Chevy. He has a cabin in the mountains in New Mexico overlooking a beautiful lake. I P.M.'d him a year or so ago and he responded. Spending time with his Grandkids. IIRC, his wife was having some health problems. P.M.'d him a month or so ago and haven't heard anything.

Supercharged surfaces from time to time. We're old friends here having both grown up in the upper Midwest and Great Plains.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
What about Steve,I forgot his last name, but he had a couple Arctic Foxes and wrote about his travels in Alaska? Loved to read about his adventures..

B>O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've seen many former members that posted on here often on other forums I frequent. All, IIRC, have new names (handles) they use but in conversing with them or reading their posts you know who they are as their location info, tow vehicle, and/or RV unit is the same as when on here. rv.net forum membership is now down to under 14,000 total now as I'd learned perhaps a week ago from a moderator.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
I visited with Supercharged in a Costco parking lot in Phoenix a few years ago. Interesting guy and we had a long visit. He really has a supercharged Chevy. He has a cabin in the mountains in New Mexico overlooking a beautiful lake. I P.M.'d him a year or so ago and he responded. Spending time with his Grandkids. IIRC, his wife was having some health problems. P.M.'d him a month or so ago and haven't heard anything.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

BennieH
Explorer
Explorer
Dtank wrote:
"gamersredneckwife" (Summer) - in ATC.

Her all time best......

"My Sisters Big Fat Redneck Wedding"

Hilarious (and true)..:B

I also miss her posts. She had a great sense of humor and could tell good stories.
Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Chevy Silverado toad.

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Tire threads became useless on this forum two years ago.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
wd wrote:
Arcamper wrote:
Mandrake was another one that use to post a lot that vanished.

Has anyone hear from Firedude?
Nope. Firedude got burnt out on the whole deal, and just backed away by resigning his moderatorship.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Arcamper wrote:
Mandrake was another one that use to post a lot that vanished.

He went belly-up in business, or close to it - lost his wife to divorce, expressed extreme distress about it (understandably) and downsized to his inland retail store - then basically just disappeared.

Fredzo
Explorer
Explorer
How about Leaksrus? I know he was ill about 4 years ago, but lost touch and haven't heard from him, either in PM or forums.
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
2005 Liberty Renegade Toad
Blue Ox Tow Bar, Brake Buddy
Retired on Jan 1, 2010!!!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
nomad297 wrote:
And don't forget about Woodglue.

Bruce
Woodglue was banned for talking about Lance campers to much - according to what I have been told...

Wish they'd take the same approach for tires, dog poop, or other mindless ranting.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

tech47
Explorer
Explorer
hey guys been inactive for years, still have the 2004 Cardinal but no big truck to pull it. keep it in west branch mi. outdoor adventures. am still camping
ROBERT & VIRGINIA HAMILTON
2004 Cardinal 33TS LX Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
U.S Air Force (retired)
Rally Attendance "3"

Justus4
Explorer
Explorer
BigDaddyHfx wrote:
RV Tips has really taken off on Facebook (28,000+ members). I find I come here less and less. I still enjoy this site but maybe others have found alternatives as well.

Oh good! Yet another group for me to be obsessed with on Facebook.;)