Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge project for the fall

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello again all!
Our camper has the typical (Although taller than previous I have owned) AC / LP RV fridge. However, our fridge is in a slide out. This summer we have done more traveling south than we ever have and I noticed 2 things. 1- the fans in the top of the 2 exterior vents (I guess it is exhaust fans??) can be awfully noisy and 2- it struggles to keep as cool as I would like. This is especially true at the beginning of our trip when we have more food in the fridge. It does perform a bit better on LP than electric, but when we have electric hookup I hate the idea of wasting propane.

Anyway, I am curious if anyone has successfully improved the cooling capability. I am also curious if anyone has found equal or better exhaust fans that are quieter. They are often right above my head when I sit outside, and on a warm day they will run A LOT and get annoying.

Thanks in advance!
16 REPLIES 16

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got a reflective car window shade. Using velcro, I attach it outside on the wall where the fridge is located. I was surprised at the difference it makes on hot days.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what I used in my roof exhaust. 4 fit perfectly. I can not hear them. They do not move a lot of air, but work in my application.