cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Friendly Parking Lots

FL_Armored
Explorer
Explorer

Does anyone know how to identify stores that are friendly to overnight stops for RVs along my planned route?

9 REPLIES 9

jmanderson1982
Explorer
Explorer

We own the 7081 Truck Parking Lot at 16927 Halfway Blvd, Hagerstown, MD, and we absolutely welcome RVs. We're located next to a Pilot station that has showers, a McDonald's and a Subway. $15/day. No reservation needed. No dumping. Located off Exit 5B on Interstate 81. 

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II

Tinner1161
Explorer II
Explorer II

Walmart and Cracker barrel. Also I just joined a boondockers club called Harvest Host. Very good thing to join. I will travel this country for the next 3 months and never pay to park my RV.

Isn't there a membership fee for Harvest Hosts?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yes and you are expected to spend at least $20-30 on the hosts products. 

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

if your just stoping to sleep, I don't do it very often, but I look for a big parking lot with enterances away from the store(s) so I can park in the back.  I usaly would pull in after the stores close and begone before they open so I have no idea if its allowed or not at that store.  Normaly I would pull into one that I see other units in, but I have just pulled into road side rest areas and such in a pinch.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II

Some big brand stores allow overnight camping, but not all of them, so the only way to know is to go in and ask.  Here's a few that folks use on a regular basis, but you'll still need to check with the individual store manager: Walmart, Cabela's, Bass Pro, Cracker Barrel, and Camping World.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III

Only real way is to go inside and ask. And maybe check the local ordinances/police department. Lots of misinformation about boondocking out there.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

That's what I've found as well when it comes to boondocking. Simple enough to stop in, ask, and rollout if it's a no. Best luck I've had is the big box stores. 

Johnny K.