cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

frig-fix by Smart RV products

michiganblaster
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking of adding one of these to my 8 yr old Domenic frig to help when it is warm out.Anyone have tried one out?Thanks
22 REPLIES 22

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I powered the fan I purchased from the interior light supply. No need to cut any wires. I did not wish to restrict the drain line.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Garry&Gayle wrote:
I installed one in a Norcold RM1350 and it really evened out the temps top to bottom and no frost on the fins. There are cheaper ones out there but read the specs on the fans plus the attractive appearance, the others look like their price reflects. JMO

DOMETIC RM1350. :B Doug

Brain Fart, Thanks for the correction

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
That was featured in Trailer Life magazine a while back. It's just a couple of fans and a spiffy blue LED light.
I already have a small fan in there for when it's really hot outside so I don't see the need. It also looks like it takes up a lot of room.
Well if it was featured in Trailer Life it has to be good..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Garry&Gayle wrote:
I installed one in a Norcold RM1350 and it really evened out the temps top to bottom and no frost on the fins. There are cheaper ones out there but read the specs on the fans plus the attractive appearance, the others look like their price reflects. JMO

DOMETIC RM1350. :B Doug

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
This is an actual picture of the one I have in my Norcold. It will drop the frig temp by 5-8 degrees within minutes of turning the fan on. I think it was around $23 on Ebay. The power cord is run down through the overflow drain into the backside area of the frig vent compartment to the 12 volt. Took 15 minutes to install & yes they work well.

I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Call me cheap, but I've found that the $15 Valterra fridge fans that run 4-6 weeks on two "D" batteries quite effective without taking the risk of cutting wires or bending the cooling fins.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

It will work but is over priced.

Have a look here: interior fridge fan $17

I've had one of those for several years - it works great and has held up.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

It will work but is over priced.

Have a look here: interior fridge fan $17

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
hershey wrote:
Doesn't look like anything more than a couple computer fans that circulate the inside air of the frig. Well overpriced in my opinion.

You took the words off my fingers.. I fully agree.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is a good tool for circulating cool air thru-out food section compartment.

But any fan that moves air inside food section will accomplish the same thing.

They will not improve 'cooling' issues experienced due to high ambient air temperatures. That is due to lack of proper draft air flow) across cooling unit.

Fan(s) installed in outside compartment will help......along with proper baffling so that the draft is improved.

Two different issues.........two different but similar fixes in that fans are used but not for same reason.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that this is way overpriced. Do a search on Ebay - there is a similar product there that is only about $15 and is much smaller so it takes up way less space. I bought one of them and have been very happy with the way it evens out the fridge temps.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
A bunch of folks on another trailer forum put them in their Dometics fridges that are having problems staying cool when it's hot outside. Marginal if any difference.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
A couple of good 12V computer fans can be had for $15-$20, and adequate ones for about $10. This product is way overpriced IMO.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Moved from Forum Technical Support