cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frog in fresh water holding tank!

Diggumfish
Explorer
Explorer
Title says it all with this one! I went to fill my fresh water tank in my 26ft greywolf TT and when I open the cap there’s a front in the hose! I must admit he had to have gotten in there recently when I forgot to cap it, but how in the world can I get him out of my tank before it riots and makes a whole other mess or problems? I tried to drain the tank from underneath, but the drain definitely wouldn’t pass this frog he’s a little chubby. I’ve looked every where for advice on what to do, aside from remembering to recap my fresh water outlet I’ve had no luck! Would love if anyone had any recommendations!
38 REPLIES 38

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Mike134 wrote:
so the frog made a 3foot leap from the ground and hit a bullseye? (your fill opening)
Perhaps he fell from the roof. Or was being carried by an eagle who dropped him.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Diggumfish wrote:
but how in the world can I get him out of my tank before it riots and makes a whole other mess or problems?

I don't think one frog will cause much of a riot.

I agree. Now if the Jets frogs and the Sharks frogs are in the same tank, then there can be some issues!

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
so the frog made a 3foot leap from the ground and hit a bullseye? (your fill opening)
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
When I was a child in the 1940's we got our drinking water from an open top well. We often had frogs and even snakes in the well water. Don't worry about.

If you must worry about the frog, (1) drain the tank (2) add a lot (2 gallon) of bleach this will kill the frog along with any germs. (3) wait a few days drain the tank and refill. All is OK.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
Leave cap off and maybe wrap a loose mesh bag or screen over the fill. Place an insect sticky board inside the mesh to see if you caught him. maybe stick a couple fresh crickets on the sticky to bait him.
He picked a fine time to do this. haha
Prevost XL40 Country Coach Conversion

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Diggumfish wrote:
but how in the world can I get him out of my tank before it riots and makes a whole other mess or problems?

I don't think one frog will cause much of a riot. I agree with filling the tank slowly and see if it will come out on its own.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Leave the cap off. If he's hungry he will leave. Dump some flour on the ground so you can tell if he made an exit.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I believe this.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
First you are posted in the wrong area.

Is the frog? still alive?

Try filling the tank to overflowing to see if he can craw out or be washed out. Other than that, you probably need to pull the tank out.

If you connect a hose to the drain, you can fill from the bottom.