cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frog in fresh water holding tank!

Diggumfish
Explorer
Explorer
Title says it all with this one! I went to fill my fresh water tank in my 26ft greywolf TT and when I open the cap there’s a front in the hose! I must admit he had to have gotten in there recently when I forgot to cap it, but how in the world can I get him out of my tank before it riots and makes a whole other mess or problems? I tried to drain the tank from underneath, but the drain definitely wouldn’t pass this frog he’s a little chubby. I’ve looked every where for advice on what to do, aside from remembering to recap my fresh water outlet I’ve had no luck! Would love if anyone had any recommendations!
38 REPLIES 38

tommyznr
Explorer
Explorer
Name him Jerimiah. He will be a good friend of yours. You won't understand a single word he says but you can help him drink his wine, and he always has some mighty fine wine.

Joy to the World
Tom

2017 GMC Sierra SLT, Max Tow package
2018 Grand Design Reflection 295RL

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
No problem! In a few days he will croak.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we all need a little humor in this stressful time!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzQ9kxs6RL8
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I've had a frog in my throat, but never in the tank.

Find an old peanut butter container, some toilet paper, and some duct tape. Yes this is critically important so it's okay to use some of your precious toilet paper for this. Now go to the pet store and get a few crickets. Poke holes in the jar and put three or 4 crickets in the jar. Also get a badmitten or tennis racket.

Now when it gets dark go out to the trailer and stand by the water fill port. Hold the jar of crickets in your hand near the hose opening with a bridge of toilet paper duct taped between the RV and the jar. Now stand V E E E E R R R Y S T I L L L L so the crickets will start chirping. When the frog finally comes up out of the tank to investigate it will step out onto the toilet paper headed for the sound. The toilet paper will temporarily support the frog while it heads for the jar. As soon as the frog clears the opening use the tennis racket to smack it across the street and into your neighbors yard.

Put the cap back on your tank and go inside and crack a beer celebrating a problem solved.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Just tie a string to the tail of a small water snake and stuff him down the water inlet......give it time to find and eat the frog, then pull it back out.....
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
Think we're getting a little punch drunk after day 9?

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Mike134 wrote:
so the frog made a 3foot leap from the ground and hit a bullseye? (your fill opening)
Perhaps he fell from the roof. Or was being carried by an eagle who dropped him.

I like the eagle idea, swooping down and releasing his bomb then pulling up.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
free radical wrote:
philh wrote:
ok, how does one know they have a frog in the tank?

By Hearing ribbit ribbit ribbit sound :B

Well there's that.

Problem is, the mating call.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:

By Hearing ribbit ribbit ribbit sound :B

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Don't bother the little toadie frog. Our last home they were everywhere.
Almost as loud as the time we had three hatches of Cicadas, not really.
Drink bottled water. Put in a port and stock it with crappie. Fresh fish and frogs legs.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Not sure I believe this.
Honestly. The guy joined today to poke fun at everyone. If he hasn’t done so already, after this he will probably go lick a toilet seat as part of the Coronavirus challenge.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 he,s gotta come out . be pretty nasty if he dies.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming the OP isn’t pulling our leg, she’s probably talking about a tree frog. Those dang things can crawl and hang on to any surface, vertical, horizontal, or upside down. You wouldn’t believe some of the weird-a$$’ed places I’ve found those around and in our house.

I wouldn’t leave it in the tank if it was me. I’d figure out a way to use the overflow line to fill the tank up till it was flowing out the fill port and hopefully float that thing out of there.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!