cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full Body Paint / Gel Coat Care

Cider
Explorer
Explorer
Looked through various posts on what people are using and not seeing a lot of references to Wash ? Wax items for newer vehicles with full body paint and gel coat. Loosing at various forums, seems like products being used are all over the place. I talked with the Meguiars support and they suggested RV / Marine Gel Wash for cleaning and the Flagship Premium Cleaner / Wax. Others seem to be hot and heavy on either NuFinish or ProtectAll. Ideally, I am looking for the right material to do the initial yearly cleanup and would appreciate comments on the above products.
Also, what do people use for spot cleaning when you have arrived, to clean off bugs, minor dirt etc, if you cannot do a full wash? Thanks for your comments and help. The unit is a 2017 Class C MBS Sprinter with full body paint, gel coat and is white black and gray..
2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 33 AA
2020 JLUR
Roadmaster Baseplate
Sterling AT Tow Bar
Demco Air Force One Brake System
6 REPLIES 6

Cider
Explorer
Explorer
So - decision made! Went ahead and order the Meguiars product line for RV / Marine gel coat finish. Seems to be pretty well accepted and reasonably priced. Thanks for all the comments made in helping the decision process.
2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 33 AA
2020 JLUR
Roadmaster Baseplate
Sterling AT Tow Bar
Demco Air Force One Brake System

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's an automotive finish, use what you would on your autos.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bugs on the front end. A damp dryer sheet works well. Don't let it sun bake on there for days first though. Another thing that works well if it won't hurt your surface is WD-40. Have used it to remove bugs and tar on cars.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The Meguiars Marine stuff is good on gel coat. You can buy a spray bottle of polish for spot cleaning. A dryer softener sheet is a good aid for bug and debris cleanup.

If you want to keep the finish without even a surface scratch or blemish, there are ways. Look at auto-detailing process and materials.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
I have to do my "new" trailer this spring. I just recently found some "cracking" on the front paint. The paint isn't coming off so I am hoping I can just wax over top of that part and it will stay.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I have full body paint on my Columbus. I've been using Maguiar's cleaner wax with great success. It's 4 1/2 years old and stil looks new. My owner's manual says to use a quality automotive wax.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo