wildwood1
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone using the new garman RV specific GPS and if so how do you like it
7 REPLIES 7

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
I have the RV760 and like it, but I liked some of the Rand McNally data functions more. The Rand was problematic as I had failures just out of warranty. The quality is much better with the Garmin, but it's lighter on the data. With the Rand I could easily determine the next highway rest area. It seemed to be better with showing best lane and seemed to have more general data, such as campgrounds, & attractions. However, I would still recommend the Garmin overall for best quality.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV GPS 2014

Best rv gps 2014
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
I like my OK I guess. My problem with the RV specific unit is that as soon as I leave the interstate I get a message that the GPS doesn't know if I can take the RV on the road I just exited onto. Does that make sense? We live about 1/2 mile from I-40 on a residential street with fairly high traffic volume (only one turn between home and I-40). As soon as I pull out of the driveway I get the message. I do like the split screen feature at highway intersections and the larger screen. I always carry a map too.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
We have the RV specific Garmin and so far we really like it. The screen is great and it has more features than my older Garmin. I have used it for trips out west.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
We have the GarminDezl and the Garmin 760mlt.

We bought the 760 because it was supposed to show you the lane you should be in, and it does...some time.

However, traveling through Atlanta, it didn't and we had to guess

We like the larger screen the Mlt has over the Dezl, but it's not as easy to find truck stops for fuel as the Dezl is.

The Mlt doesn't "recalculate" like the old ones do and while some people might like not hearing that annoying sound, we like knowing if we missed our turn!

so....we use them both!

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still using my old Garmin 350 that must be almost ten years old and it still gets the job done.

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
instead of going with the Garmin RV 760LMT we bought a Garmin Dezl 760LMT .... the RV is programmed for motorhomes .... the DEZL has three modes, automobile, semi truck, and RV (motorhome) .... if we were still using our motorhome I'd of gone with the RV model but with a 5er, the program for semi trailers fits will with a 5er or TT .... data specific to our rig was easy to fit into personalizing the unit for its size and weight .... we've used the 760 from NC to Texas and are leaving in the morning on a swing from NC to South Dakota .... for us it works well

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS