cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting the wrinkles out

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
How does one get the wrinkles out of the paper/vinyl that is applied over the luan in the interior walls of 99% of RV's? I know it is caused by moisture. I have no leaks, never have. The cause is more than likely age (1999) and a few high humid days here and there (SoCal). I just want to hear from those that have successfully eliminated or decreased the wrinkles and what those methods were they used. This is the only flaw I have in, on or around my RV. I'm now living in NoCal, where the humidity is a little greater, but nothing like Texas or Florida (i.e....we have rain up here). I anxiously await your replies.
5 REPLIES 5

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I actually took an X-Acto knife and slit the wrinkle down the middle, then overlapped the paper and glued. In some cases, I had to cut a "V" out before joining. In our unit, the wrinkles, just a couple, were in the wallpaper border.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
My 2004 trailer has a border around the inside that behaves like you mention.
I've been able to spray a light mist of water on it then press it back in place. It's held fine since.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ava wrote:
I have removed as most of the wall paper in my older rig and painted the walls a basic white. Looks much newer and an easy fix for me

I did that on a trailer a few years ago. That was a lot of work. I refinished the whole interior, including cabinets, with oil based paint. Super nice, but time consuming. Thanks.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I have removed as most of the wall paper in my older rig and painted the walls a basic white. Looks much newer and an easy fix for me

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Wrinkles are from flexing its common.