cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GOD BLESS TEXANS

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
God bless Texans and their self-reliant, "can do" spirit!
11 REPLIES 11

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
empty_nest wrote:
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
I've visited Texas many times as a fulltimer. I found, almost without exception, that Texans are some of the nicest folks around, always a friendly attitude.

Compliments to.....

.....the nice folks (with friendly attitudes) of the "Cajun Navy" - volunteers with boats from *Louisiana*!!

:C

X2

We were planning on snowbirding in Rockport beginning in 2018. Fell in love with the town and area when visiting. My cousin from San Antonio tells me it's a mess right now. Brought tears to his eyes. I wish I lived closer so I could offer my help in some small way.

God's speed, Texas!

Rockport looks like it took an artillery hit. I suspect the many campgrounds will be up a running by the winter, but not sure about the rest of the town.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
I've visited Texas many times as a fulltimer. I found, almost without exception, that Texans are some of the nicest folks around, always a friendly attitude.

Compliments to.....

.....the nice folks (with friendly attitudes) of the "Cajun Navy" - volunteers with boats from *Louisiana*!!

X2

We were planning on snowbirding in Rockport beginning in 2018. Fell in love with the town and area when visiting. My cousin from San Antonio tells me it's a mess right now. Brought tears to his eyes. I wish I lived closer so I could offer my help in some small way.

God's speed, Texas!
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
I have friends down there that are North of the disaster, and they loaded up their race car trailer with a boat and donated supplies and headed south to do whatever they could. Great people, and yes all over the nation.
To get ever so slightly political, I was in a hotel breakfast area in New Jersey yesterday with literally all types of people, race, age, etc etc. Let's just say a very Diverse group of travelers that did not know each other. The large TV had the news on showing the devastation in Texas. As this was on, you could hear a pin drop in the room, followed by many "how horrible" and "those poor people" etc etc. I sat in awe realizing that there is a lot a great people in this country from every walk of life. Time to shut off the politically motivated coverage of the nonsense going on and actually talk to people around me.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
mr. ed wrote:

Compliments to.....

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
It is not just Texans.. In another area I made a political comment I'll not make here but basically it is EVERYONE

US. Mexico, I suspect Canadians as well> EVERYBODY who can respond. generally does to EVERY disaster.. THIS (not politicians) IS what makes America (And not just the US) Great.

I have seen bus loads of Amish responding to a disaster to help rebuild. and for many of them the 1st time EVER on /in a motor vehicle.. That is how great the response is. they set aside their religious objection to Modern Vehicles to go help.. (When I say I have seen. I meen with my own eyes I too responded to that one). It is the "We will help you" nature of good people everywhere.

As I recall it even made it into an episode of Star Trek.. Kirk telling a woman that "How can I help You" was more important even than "I love you" or something like that (City on the edge of Forever as I recall).

Very well said !!

Watching the Weather Channel - commercial break - up pops a message disguised as a help the disaster victims - but NO! - Purely a *political* fund-raiser pitch!

God Bless those from ACROSS THE USA who donate their services and/or cash to charitable agencies involved in assisting those impacted by the disaster resulting from Harvey.

Also the professional Emergency Response Teams from many states who *volunteer* for that duty.
Ex: Response teams from Los Angeles County FD (CA) are in Texas - as they have previously in Japan and Haiti.
Ditto for Riverside, L.A. City and Orange County (CA) FDs to name just a few.
Their salary by/from their respective agencies would be the same if they chose *not* volunteer for duty requiring lengthy time away from home and families.

~

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is not just Texans.. In another area I made a political comment I'll not make here but basically it is EVERYONE

US. Mexico, I suspect Canadians as well> EVERYBODY who can respond. generally does to EVERY disaster.. THIS (not politicians) IS what makes America (And not just the US) Great.

I have seen bus loads of Amish responding to a disaster to help rebuild. and for many of them the 1st time EVER on /in a motor vehicle.. That is how great the response is. they set aside their religious objection to Modern Vehicles to go help.. (When I say I have seen. I meen with my own eyes I too responded to that one). It is the "We will help you" nature of good people everywhere.

As I recall it even made it into an episode of Star Trek.. Kirk telling a woman that "How can I help You" was more important even than "I love you" or something like that (City on the edge of Forever as I recall).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Home_on_Wheels
Explorer
Explorer
God Bless everyone assisting. It's such a mess, but it's a good thing to see everyone helping each other!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Even as a Texan I have been amazed at how many people are loading up their boats and heading long distances to Houston to help rescues and evacuations even while the storm is still sitting in the area.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah no other state has people that help people.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
That's right. The freezer may be almost full but now the food is coming to my sons door. Texas rocks.