cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

golf cart rentals

harley_hitchike
Explorer
Explorer
I was at a rv park on lake chatuagua NY. and to walk from my boat slip to the full hookup site was 15 min. up hill so I asked about a golf cart rental. rental was 65.00 a day which had to be from 6pm to 5pm next day so fri evening to sun morning 130.00 plus tax .My experience is that this is a pretty common charge for a cart .Do they know enterprise will rent me a new compact car for 49.00 a day ,I can pick the hours, and they will pick me up. Can anyone explain why golf carts are so valuable, what does one cost. does the rental include liability ins. or what /Just wondering
by the way I walked exercise is good.
10 REPLIES 10

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is Lakewood or Lakeland, Something like that. anyway it starts with Lake. Actually it is a really great place. I have checked out other places there and I think it is the nicest.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie wrote:
We camp at a popular place on the beach in Myrtle beach. They rent golf carts and they tell you that you cannot use a privately owned cart in their camp ground. So, don't take yours. Pay over $500 for a week of golf cart use.

Go ahead and share the name of that place so I can cross it off the list.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
We camp at a popular place on the beach in Myrtle beach. They rent golf carts and they tell you that you cannot use a privately owned cart in their camp ground. So, don't take yours. Pay over $500 for a week of golf cart use.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The law of supply and demand
You can rent a car from Enterprise, Avis, Hertz, Rent a wreck and others

You can only rent the golf car from the park.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
rental costs are high for a golf cart ๐Ÿ™‚ I sure don't like those prices!

we opted for a toyhauler cause we love a golf cart on our trips. Where I can use them, it comes along.

all good points on the board. It is priced to what the people will pay, and the people pay it ๐Ÿ™‚

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
Golf carts have certainly become over-valued and overpriced in the last several years. I too have been shocked at their pricing. The rental price quoted by the OP is higher than we've seen, but we're in totally different regions so...
In hilly areas as referenced by the OP, gas powered golf carts should be used. I would be wary of renting/using a battery powered cart if you're going to be encountering lots of hills. You won't get nearly as much battery life in those conditions.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try and park a rental car in the spot the Golf Cart will fit. its not just about the size but also the convience! Imagine 50 or so rental cars zipping around a campground and taking up all the parking spots.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
If the people will pay it then that's what they'll charge.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
The rent is high because the park can only get rental income during a very limited time. The rest of the year the cart sits idle generating no rental revenue. Also, cart rental is an income generator for the park, consequently the high fees.

Enterprise can rent their car 365 days per year.

Yeeeeeeeeehup.
Andddd you don't wanna know what it costs me to rent a car to go camping;).

As to whether the rental includes insurance I think you would be best served to ask the company you are renting from:).

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
The rent is high because the park can only get rental income during a very limited time. The rest of the year the cart sits idle generating no rental revenue. Also, cart rental is an income generator for the park, consequently the high fees.

Enterprise can rent their car 365 days per year.