Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Guide to RV related movies

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
clicky for guide
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."
15 REPLIES 15

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Best RV movie, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation!
Merry Christmas, chitters full!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Yak
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone watch "American Nomads"? I enjoyed it twice so far.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
rseymour21 wrote:
I looked at most of the list, I didn't get it! Some didn't have anything to do with RV, IMO
X-2, while I have never heard of, nor watched most of those, I suppose the term "RV" was spoken somewhere in them, which qualifies them to be on the list.
Also, I love Christmas Vacation, but I don't consider it an RV movie just because of the appearance of Eddie's rolling scrap yard.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't look for very long as I was getting blitzed with ads, but although not a movie, the series "The Walking Dead" features many scenes of people living/traveling/being attacked by zombies in TT's and motorhomes.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is interesting as one of my IMDB lists is movies where use of a RV features in the plot. I have 15 in the list, and while I know it is not complete because it is only films I've watched, there is little overlap with this list.

I have about 10 times as many in my list of road trip or journey films, neither is a very big number considering I've watched about 6000 films well enough to rate them, and another 1600 "I know I watched it but I don't remember much about it" or "maybe I watchhed it but I won't be sure unless I watch it again and it certainly wasn't that good."

What I notice about Hollywood's use of RVs is the frequency the serve as a plot device to make the occupants victims of whatever horror is out there, whether beast or criminal.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
rseymour21 wrote:
I looked at most of the list, I didn't get it! Some didn't have anything to do with RV, IMO

Didn't bother to look -
as I immediately thought of the Long, Long Trailer....and gagged..:E

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
pasusan wrote:
Funny this subject should come up... I just watched "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and realized it was an RV movie.

One particular Airstream has an important part as well as a caravan of Airstreams go down the road a couple of times during the movie.

Not listed on the above mentioned site.

That was a heck of a good movie, too! ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Stars101
Explorer
Explorer
Until I perused the list I would not have thought that many horror movies had an "RV" component! Creepy. No wonder there are so many "No Overnight Parking" signs - it has nothing to do with ordinances and everything to do with subliminal messages! LOL ๐Ÿ™‚ People are just plain afraid of us and they just don't know it.

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
I was stumped on The Blues Brothers, until I remembered that they were chased by the Good Ole Boys Band in a cab-over camper.

I was also stumped on Borat, until I remembered that there were scenes where he was picked up by college kids in a motorhome.

I guess it doesn't take much RV content to make it on this list.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Funny this subject should come up... I just watched "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and realized it was an RV movie.

One particular Airstream has an important part as well as a caravan of Airstreams go down the road a couple of times during the movie.

Not listed on the above mentioned site.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

MrWizard
I didn't read all the way through the list
I was looking for "Race With the Devil", but didn't see it
Two couples in an RV trying to get away from a Devil worshipping cult, after witnessing a human sacrifice ceremony while boon dock camping in a class A MH

Okay after scrolling far enough..I found it on the list
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
I agree. The Long, Long Trailer and RV are the only real RV movies.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
a lot of the films on that list did indeed have an RV in them. but that's like compiling a list of VW Beetle movies where a Beetle was seen in a one or more scenes.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK