cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

CruiserJoe
Explorer
Explorer
It's definite, this thread has been hijacked.

ArmySFCRet
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
ArmySFCRet wrote:

I'll bet if those T-shirts are XXL and have a Hell's Angle's logo or some skull and cross bones, doubtful anyone will mess with them while you tie up a couple of machines for hours.:(

If they have Hell's Angle's logos you'll know they are fake :B Even if they have Hell's Angel's logos they are still probably fake, I don't think they wash, do they? :B

Good point! It depends on the Angle of the Angel on the shirt. :B

Then again, the XXL should be enough of a deterrent.

'04 Cross Country 35' w/300 Cummins
'14 Ford Escape on KarKaddy 460SS
'09 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew 5.7 Hemi MDS
'51 & '53 Hudson Hornets 308 6cyl w/

TWIN H-POWER

&
5 lbs of BG the Yorkie
Members of:
Grand Canyon Chapter of Hudson Essex Terraplane Club Inc

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
ArmySFCRet wrote:

I'll bet if those T-shirts are XXL and have a Hell's Angle's logo or some skull and cross bones, doubtful anyone will mess with them while you tie up a couple of machines for hours.:(

If they have Hell's Angle's logos you'll know they are fake :B Even if they have Hell's Angel's logos they are still probably fake, I don't think they wash, do they? :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

johnbhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I don't do that if the laundryroom is busy, just when there's only a couple of us in the cg.
-C&J-
www.fugawetribe.com

ArmySFCRet
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
johnbhicks wrote:

...It's no big deal to put it in the washer, wander back in an hour or two, then put it in the dryer and wander back in an hour or two, or tomorrow morning...

If you are talking about a public laundromat you are using very poor etiquette. I have seen people pull clean laundry from a washer or dryer and toss it on the floor if the owner is gone. No-one has a right to tie up machines that others may want to use. I've been known to pull laundry from a machine and place it in a basket or on a table.

TWIN H-POWER

&
5 lbs of BG the Yorkie
Members of:

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
johnbhicks wrote:

...It's no big deal to put it in the washer, wander back in an hour or two, then put it in the dryer and wander back in an hour or two, or tomorrow morning...

If you are talking about a public laundromat you are using very poor etiquette. I have seen people pull clean laundry from a washer or dryer and toss it on the floor if the owner is gone. No-one has a right to tie up machines that others may want to use. I've been known to pull laundry from a machine and place it in a basket or on a table.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Of course there are some places we camp where doing laundry is not an option. Like in the middle of the cow pasture with a the trout stream that runs along then edge.

Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

johnbhicks
Explorer
Explorer
We've winnowed down the clothing to a bag of "nice" stuff we never wear and two t-shirts and two shorts. Therefore we do laundry every week with the previous week's clothing plus towels etc.

It's no big deal to put it in the washer, wander back in an hour or two, then put it in the dryer and wander back in an hour or two..or tomorrow morning...

It's not like we do any strenuous activities that'll sweat anything up.
-C&J-
www.fugawetribe.com

horseylady
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with doing laundry as I go. And can read a book while it's being done and not go home with loads of smelly, dirty laundry. There are always plenty of other things to do after a long trip.
Pam and Bob
Boon (Jack Russell), Jezzie (Australian Shepherd)
2017 Winnebago View 24V
RVing since 1973 but always learning

ArmySFCRet
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
...outweighs the advantage of not spending a few hours doing laundry

Much rather spend the hour+ using 3 or four machines than two days with one machine after a long trip. One less thing to mess with when you get home.

TWIN H-POWER

&
5 lbs of BG the Yorkie
Members of:

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
dcmac214 wrote:
Laundry is a chore saved for the unmobile house. We take all the clothes we need for however long we're going to be gone, plus a couple of days in case of emergency.

So my comment is still valid, because I read this as saying that if they are going to be gone for 3 weeks, they will have 3 weeks (plus a couple extra) worth of clothes. And it will all be smelly and dirty when they get home.

I don't LIKE doing laundry when camping or on vacation either, but the choice of packing less and not hauling all those extra smelly clothes home, outweighs the advantage of not spending a few hours doing laundry
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

BirdSongPlace
Explorer
Explorer
I think some misunderstood the OP. I read it that they preferred to do the laundry a week, or two or even three weeks after returning home.
Laundry is a chore saved for the unmobile house. We take all the clothes we need for however long we're going to be gone, plus a couple of days in case of emergency. Save all that laundry for the week or two or three after returning home. Vacation time is too precious to waste doing laundry, even if all we're doing is sitting outside the trailer drinking our coffee or tea.
I don't like to do laundry while we are traveling either.

2000 Ford F350
2004 Adventurer

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
dcmac214, I'm glad I am not on a trip to Alaska with you, took us 3 months. Besides, the laundry is where you find out what's ahead.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
A long weekend or maybe even up to a week, I can see not doing laundry, but 3 weeks worth of smelly clothes taking up space. Not happening in my trailer. Besides, I don't own 3 weeks worth of socks and underclothes

X2
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
A long weekend or maybe even up to a week, I can see not doing laundry, but 3 weeks worth of smelly clothes taking up space. Not happening in my trailer. Besides, I don't own 3 weeks worth of socks and underclothes
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS