Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you had a perfect camping trip?

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
We have.

We were in the Big Horn Mountains in the National Forest a few years back with our Best Camping Buddies. No one within sight of our camp. We sat outside longer than we usually do, the late evening was perfect! Skies lit up with stars, the moon shining bright. Our campfire was small so we could see the sky.

We were sitting quietly when our Buddy said, "It doesn't get any better than this."

How right he was.
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS
37 REPLIES 37

SkiingSixPack
Explorer
Explorer
KFS wrote:
Yes.

Fourth of July week this year.

It was supposed to rain and did - sometimes - but often enough - it didn't. So that was perfect.

We lost the awning in the middle of the night - big crash, big mess. But it didn't fall on any of the kids (or adults) during the day. So that was perfect.

I attempted to learn to tow a boat trailer (I hit a post). DH was super sweet about the damage to a once-beautiful custom boat trailer. Reminded me why I'm lucky to have him. So that was perfect.

A tree limb came crashing down into the campsite (see wet weather. Above). It came down just minutes after a friend's 9 year old had crossed that path. He was safe. So that was perfect.

We had five days of good food, great friends, great fun, boat and camp safety and more laughs than should be allowed. We came home dirty, exhausted, a little bit poorer but rich in memories.

A lot of our campouts are like that - so that's pretty perfect. ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
My better half
DS-18,DD-17,DS-15,DS-15 (4 teenagers, in da house)
Summit Red Sunshine-4
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
musicman54 wrote:
SkiingSixPack wrote:
This one...

no, wait. This one...

No..... This one!

No no..... This one

Wait wait, I forgot about this one!

Well, maybe this one...

I could go on....

Every day a blessing
Every meal a feast
Every paycheck a fortune
and
Every camping trip with my family - Perfect!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
very well said

x2

True picture what it really is all about. You are very blessed. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
SkiingSixPack wrote:
This one...

no, wait. This one...

No..... This one!

No no..... This one

Wait wait, I forgot about this one!

Well, maybe this one...

I could go on....

Every day a blessing
Every meal a feast
Every paycheck a fortune
and
Every camping trip with my family - Perfect!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
very well said

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Never had a bad camping trip. As long as my family is with me, its perfect. Even when it rains it is still perfect. We then play family games inside the rv.

sele
Explorer
Explorer
we are leaving in 9 days for door county wi one of our favorite places but is there ever a bad trip we seem to love each of our trips for all the reasons everybody says family time, reconnecting with each other. The places you get to see. We love every second.
scott

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, several.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
My parents were RVers before I was. My Dad would have gone in a tent but my Mom wanted to go RVing. They managed to go to 49 states in their 'C' after he retired, including Hawaii (by air) but my Dad always wanted to see Alaska and passed away before he was able to go.
When I retired, I did a few shakedown trips in my 'C', and then headed for Alaska via the Black Hills and Yellowstone. On the road for about 3 months and enjoyed every mile.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

KFS
Explorer
Explorer
Yes.

Fourth of July week this year.

It was supposed to rain and did - sometimes - but often enough - it didn't. So that was perfect.

We lost the awning in the middle of the night - big crash, big mess. But it didn't fall on any of the kids (or adults) during the day. So that was perfect.

I attempted to learn to tow a boat trailer (I hit a post). DH was super sweet about the damage to a once-beautiful custom boat trailer. Reminded me why I'm lucky to have him. So that was perfect.

A tree limb came crashing down into the campsite (see wet weather. Above). It came down just minutes after a friend's 9 year old had crossed that path. He was safe. So that was perfect.

We had five days of good food, great friends, great fun, boat and camp safety and more laughs than should be allowed. We came home dirty, exhausted, a little bit poorer but rich in memories.

A lot of our campouts are like that - so that's pretty perfect. ๐Ÿ™‚

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
We've had some very good camping trips, but most recently I think we might have had the BEST. We had a family reunion in the North Georgia mountains. Most of my family camps, so they all brought their tents and campers for a week of fun. It was the first time in about 20 years that all 5 of us kids and my mom were together. We're mostly in our 50s now and mom is 79, so this was really special. North Georgia has lots of things to do for all ages, so nobody was ever bored. I enjoyed just sitting around the campfire with the 19 of us telling stories and roasting marshmallows.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

hooligan
Explorer
Explorer
Put us in the camp with- all of them have been..

Hooligan U.S. Coast Guard Ret.
2016 THOR Siesta Sprinter 24ST Diesel
2008 SUZUKI Grand Vitara TOAD
1 Pug "Lily", 1 Newfoundland, "George"
1972 MotoGuzzi Eldorado

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Have you had a perfect camping trip?

Yup!
Back in the late 70's I went to an event where all my friends had RV's. I didn't and had to go back and forth each day to a motel. It was then I said to myself, someday I will own a MH.........

Fast forward 32 years to 2002 I bought my first MH and in 2004, I sold my home to go full-time! The FIRST thing on my bucket list was to go to the same place that event was which was on the breakfront of Lake Michigan and park in "my MH". To this day that camping trip can not be beat and was and still is, THE best week spent in a MH camping.:C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
I was supposed to go camping with my sis and BIL at Yosemite. There was an earthquake and it took out part of the road in to the park so there was caravan 3 times a day. We stopped the night before to prepare for the caravan the next morning. BIL forgot the tent poles so he was going to sleep outside. Sis and I made a bed in the back of her Passport. It started to rain so BIL wound up in the passport with us. It stopped raining so he went back out and slept in the sleeping bag on top the picnic table. Sis wound up with a bladder infection, so she went in and out the car all night. There were aftershocks too. None of us got more than 30 minutes of sleep. Lol. We still laugh about that trip. Come to think about it, it was an adventurous trip and was definitely a lesson in flexibility.

I guess some trips seem perfect well after the fact.
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
We are loving these answers! Keep 'em going, please?!
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
All of them are perfect as long as family / friends are together & we are away from our hectic lives at home....................