cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
When it sounds like a shotgun went off under your bed at midnight, it was just the bed support shock screws coming loose. Go back to sleep 😉
11 REPLIES 11

Rock_Wells
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
When the heat goes out don’t waste an hour diagnosing the furnace, check the propane tanks!

True dat!!!
Rock & Nan Wells
'17 Ram Laramie 3500 Diesel 4x4
'17 Keystone Sprinter 297FWRLS FW

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
When your generator isn't working, make sure the switch is on.

True story, a few weeks ago we were out at Country Jam, which is a huge music festival. Boondocking sardine camping, tons of generators etc. One of our group's Onan stopped working so he called a service tech out, which they will do for a fee at this event. The Tech was telling him how the night before, around 11:30 at night, he gets a call to come out. He tells the guy because it's after hours, that it's a minimum $250.00 trip charge. The guy has him come out anyway. He gets there, the guy is super drunk and saying his on-board generator wouldn't work. The tech looks at it, flips the switch, tells him to go into his camper to start it, and it started right up. The guy was too drunk to tell that the switch wasn't on.

The tech got a good laugh about it, all the way to the bank, he still charged him the trip charge. Thankfully, he was much nicer to our friend, since you know, he called during the day and was sober.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
When the heat goes out don’t waste an hour diagnosing the furnace, check the propane tanks!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
It still shocks us at night when our darn cat jumps in the living room and goes... ker-pow on the floor or something!

Worse, when the darn thing jumps on top of us in the middle of the night.

The screws came loose on the hinges under the bed a few years ago. It was a real chore trying to figure out how to reinforce the lift up under the bed without pulling the screws out of the very thin plywood. It took about 3 attempts, but finally reinforced the lumber enough so the hinges wouldn't pull out again. The bad thing was, those air struts were yanked out also. I finally got it strengthened and supported and not had any problems since.

Darn cat!

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Along those same lines, if you hear someone lobbing bowling balls onto your roof on an autumn evening, you may just be camping under some oak trees.

LOL! We have a shelter in our back yard and the acorns bouncing off of it sound like cherry bombs going off sometimes! It scares the bejesus out of me when I am driving along and they bounce off the roof of the car!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
A friend of mine had one of his 22.5" rear dual tires blow when he and his wife were in bed. He told me he jumped a foot off the bed.

-Tom, W3TLN
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA · W3TLN · FMCA 335149 · Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R · W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed · 2013 Honda Accord EX-L · 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
On the other hand, if you hear a raccoon or squirrel rooting around right under your head in the middle of the night, plan on tackling the teenager looking for beer in the passthru. Why the heck he thought I keep cold ones down there rather than in the far more convenient fridge, I’ll never know.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have had this happen on BOTH shocks on our bed. Glued and screwed some luan to the spot the screws go and used longer screws. Sort of glad it happened to you as I didn’t want to be the only one.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
Along those same lines, if you hear someone lobbing bowling balls onto your roof on an autumn evening, you may just be camping under some oak trees.

One of our first trips included falling walnuts.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
It goes right along with THIS thread. Completely normal. 🙂