cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heater Specs on 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC

landingzone
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting quite interested in a 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC that is available at a dealer. Since I will be using it in some late fall colder temps, I want to understand the heater capabilities. I can't find any BTU or other specs for this unit, other than "heater, automatic". What does it have? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
landingzone wrote:
I am getting quite interested in a 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC that is available at a dealer. Since I will be using it in some late fall colder temps, I want to understand the heater capabilities. I can't find any BTU or other specs for this unit, other than "heater, automatic". What does it have? Thanks!

With my past not very well insulated hybrid trailer we had some cold nights close to freezing. Not sure what type of camping you plan on doing but if your plugged into shore power just bring a small space heater to off set the propane heat. Noticed the propane had a lot less cycles.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
โ€ฆ. A Really Good Down Comforter & some Thermal Underwear makes cold camping much more tolerableโ€ฆ. We sleep with windows open and itโ€™s gotten down to 7* outside & 11* inside but we didnโ€™t noticeโ€ฆ

landingzone
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks for the good ideas!

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Looks like the rvnet authorities have spokenโ€ฆ..canโ€™t use that camper for cool weatherโ€ฆ.lol.
OP, it has a furnace. It will be loud and suck propane like a 2 bit whoore. All campers do.
Yes the cheaper the camper, the more fuel it will use to keep heated.
But donโ€™t listen to the previous posts unless youโ€™re also very old, soft and cold blooded. Half this forum has forgotten how to camp and sits around all day yelling at the kids to stay off their lawn.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Call the dealer have have them find out the BTU output of the furnace.

Also, if the unit doens't have an enclosed underbelly (enclosing the space where the tanks are) you can pretty much give up on the idea of cold weather camping.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anything labeled "Lite" is going to be unsuitable for temperatures below freezing. Keeping the living space warm is not usually an issue if you're willing to burn the propane. Keeping your water utilities and anything under the floor from freezing will be a much bigger issue. Looking at the specs on the 2019 Palomino Puma XLE Lite 27RBQC, I would say it may or may not even be adequate for early spring or late fall.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would call the dealer and have him go look at the unit to find out the heater size. I'm sure it is going to have a propane furnace sized appropriately by the manufacturer for that unit.

Keep in mind that almost no RV's are suitable for extended winter use. Spring and Fall are ok but the insulation in most RV's is very thin and most will not be comfortable in extended cold weather without modification.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine