cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hitch Stablilzers

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Finally ordered our ebikes and carrier. It was suggested to me to get a hitch stabilizer. That's fine.
Upon searching for such I was shocked at the difference of prices. I know you get what you pay for, but what a difference in prices. How much difference can there be? It's a clamp.
What do you use?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would recommend the blue OX model I have used it since 2006 with no problems I had a cheaper one I got in 2005 It did not last the year.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Thermoguy wrote:
My bike rack has its own hitch stabilizer as part of the attachment assembly. Are you sure your bike rack doesn't do this?

You have a fancy one. Lol! Ours just has the sleeve that slides into the hitch.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
My bike rack has its own hitch stabilizer as part of the attachment assembly. Are you sure your bike rack doesn't do this?

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
I use this one from Amazon. I have used it on my 3,000 lb boat and it is great. No movement at all. Used it for horse trailer, hay trailer and motorcycle trailer. All rock steady.

Hitch tightener
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, some are stainless and some are zinc, some are 2" and some 2 1/2", that's pretty much the basis for price differences.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
$15 hitch clamp from Amazon. I tow a boat that's close to 5,000 pounds and it's rock solid.