cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I90 fuel islands in Massachusetts

statehoss1
Explorer
Explorer
I am traveling to New Hampshire via I90. From previous experience, the fuel islands on i90 in Mass are angled in such a way that you cannot bring a TT into the island without blocking traffic. Are the big rig fuel islands also Truck / TT friendly? Would appreciate some info from anyone who has used these. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
wtmtnhiker wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
Flyng J, Loves and T/A all generally have big auto islands as well as truck islands depending on your fuel needs.

J's usually have dedicated RV lanes that have both Gas and Diesel.

I'm parked across the street from one of the newest LOVE's in the nation (St. Clair MI) and they are not putting in RV parking slots and of course very easy access to both gasoline and diesel pumps.

I'm pretty sure that I-90 in Mass has no other fuel stops besides the service plazas. I think all or most are Gulf stations with car and truck islands.

Correct on the service plazas -- I drove I-90 yesterday from NY. Fuel( diesel) at the Service plazas was $.15/gallon cheaper than the Flying J just before you get on I-90 in NYS
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
You're only on I-90 for less than a hunderd miles in Massachusetts. Seems to me it shoudl be entirely practical to fuel after getting on I-295/I-495/I95, whichever route you're taking...or before entering Massachusetts...or perhaps both.

I'd imagine the truck lanes would be perfectly fine for a diesel pickup pulling a trailer. I don't know if gasoline is available in them.

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Flyng J, Loves and T/A all generally have big auto islands as well as truck islands depending on your fuel needs.

I'm parked across the street from one of the newest LOVE's in the nation (St. Clair MI) and they are not putting in RV parking slots and of course very easy access to both gasoline and diesel pumps.

I'm pretty sure that I-90 in Mass has no other fuel stops besides the service plazas. I think all or most are Gulf stations with car and truck islands.
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are diesel, the truck lanes are ok. No problem and the prices were OK>
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
I don't remember any problems or angles that prevented me from fueling up at the pumps on I90, though sometimes there is a long wait for the pumps

The biggest issue we have had is finding a spot to park after fueling up as we either use the bathrooms or get a bite to eat. Sometimes I find myself parking close to the highway on ramp or with the 18 wheelers.

Mike

Same here I was just there in May, no problems fueling up but parking to go inside was .
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I don't remember any problems or angles that prevented me from fueling up at the pumps on I90, though sometimes there is a long wait for the pumps

The biggest issue we have had is finding a spot to park after fueling up as we either use the bathrooms or get a bite to eat. Sometimes I find myself parking close to the highway on ramp or with the 18 wheelers.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
The people that park at the curb, where it says no parking, block the way, not the people at the pump. I got gas with a 33 ft TT and I do it now with a MH towing.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
look for a Flying J along your route. They usually have two long RV fuel lanes. we're 55'+ and use them all the time.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle