cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Cream at Camping World

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Oh boy free ice cream at camping world.......I got an email alert from CW that there would be ice cream from 1-3 pm. So we were running our errands and swung by the store. After walking around the store we were leaving and my wife saw a Yeti cooler and sitting next to it was some spoons, no sign no nothing. I opened the lid and there sitting on some ice cubes was some dixie cups of a no name brand ice cream.....What a hoot ...why bother .......this was not what I was expecting based on the graphic email alert I received.......
38 REPLIES 38

IndyCamp
Explorer
Explorer
FunnyCamper wrote:
LOL fun thread to read
don't ever rely on a store promotion of anything free 🙂
we ALL know that, if you do, 95% chance you are coming out super disappointed 🙂 🙂

I guess for some reason we are usually in the 5% minority.

We take our young son to our local Home Depot on the first Saturday of every month for their free "Kids Workshop."

This past Saturday was July 4th and they advertised that they would be giving away free grilled hot dogs and bottled water during the Kids Workshop. We were camping 120 miles from home, but we went to the local Home Depot, and, lo and behold, they were grilling free hot dogs and had free cold bottled water.

No strings attached and just as they advertised. We did the Kids Workshop project (a Minion scooter) with our son, ate a hot dog, grabbed some bottles of water, and left without buying anything.

Just as they promised and just as we expected.

Oh, and they were also painting flags and other patriotic symbols on the kids' faces, if requested. Our son got many compliments on his face paint at the Independence Day parade we went to after we left Home Depot. :C
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
2014 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
Camping world will never see another dime of our money. They can keep there ice cream.
That's actually funny..

BTW- "THEIR"
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I happen to know how I like my Haagen-Dazs, and where to buy it. The thing is, I can't afford all I want,......perhaps not a bad thing.
Fresh strawberries (prepped my way), and vanilla Haagen-Dazs, just one of many things I like.

I go to Camping World for other stuff.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Camping world will never see another dime of our money. They can keep there ice cream.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blue Bell just announced they will start trial production back up July 27 !!
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
It would be a lot cheaper for me to go to Freddie's frozen custard then Camping World for free ice cream.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOL fun thread to read
don't ever rely on a store promotion of anything free 🙂
we ALL know that, if you do, 95% chance you are coming out super disappointed 🙂 🙂

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
You mean Camping World is not an Ice Cream store? Who would have thought!!!! 🙂
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

morphrider
Explorer
Explorer
Huh, if you headed someplace for ice cream, my choice would have been Dairy Queen. Go to camping stores for camping stuff sillies...

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Water-Bug wrote:
westernrvparkowner wrote:
downtheroad wrote:
Our Camping World was serving up these...all you could eat and they were giving away a free Yetti cooler to everyone who came in...

But the cooler was the medium sized one and there were only 25 flavors of Ice Cream. Like always, Camping World being Cheap.

And, the cooler was empty. How cheap is that .

And the ice cream was softer than I prefer.

What is wrong with this company? 🙂
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
downtheroad wrote:
Our Camping World was serving up these...all you could eat and they were giving away a free Yetti cooler to everyone who came in...

But the cooler was the medium sized one and there were only 25 flavors of Ice Cream. Like always, Camping World being Cheap.

And, the cooler was empty. How cheap is that .

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
This just in:

SAN ANTONIO - HEB has issued a voluntary recall for HEB brand hamburger and hot dog buns and Hill Country Fare brand hot dog buns.

The company announced the recall Friday because of the possible presence of foreign material in the products.

"A terry cloth glove used for handling hot pans could have broken up in the dough, resulting in a potential choking hazard," according to a statement issued by HEB.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
Water-Bug wrote:
nomad297 wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
ice is only at 32 degrees and it takes a lot colder to keep ice cream.

Ice is very rarely at 32 degrees. It is usually much colder. Why would you state that ice is only at 32 degrees?

Bruce

Because, if it were at 33 degrees it would be cold water.

Seriously? A comment about free ice cream turns into a tiff about the temperature of ice? Unbelievable. You'd think it is January.
‘Love is what’s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.’ - Elain - age 8