cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Identify Roof Sealant

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trying to find out the type of roof sealant manufacturer used on my 2017 Dutchman Coleman Lantern 300tq.

The roof membrane is tan TPO by Alpha Superflex. They used tan lap sealant on the roof EXCEPT where the trim terminates on the sides (front and rear). The sealant is Black. It's not a lap sealant because they formed or shaped it somewhat when they installed it?

Any thoughts on what it is. I want to do a little touch up.... Dicor or Superflex will probably work for the touchup but would like to know what it is.

2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
5 REPLIES 5

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Rumor has it Dicor will wrinkle the Alpha Systems roof. I ordered Alpha Systems caulk from Amazon.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
double post
2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like Butyl tape to me.
2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The edge sealant is probably a polymer like Dicor Lap Sealant. The formed sealant looks a lot like black Butyl rubber sealant. AFAIK, black Butyl rubber sealants adhere to everything but silicone so would be a good choice for maintenance. The tan roof edge trim should be maintained with a lap sealant that's specified for TPO roofs.
Good luck with the touchup. If you don't get exact answers here, a call to the mfg may turn up the exact product information.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
That looks like the sealant I found on the front and rear windows of an old Ford I was restoring. After 50 years it was still tough to remove but using lots of lacquer thinner broke it down after carving as much off with a plastic scraper as I could.