cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Invisibrake and 2016 Chevy Colorado

travlinkitty
Explorer
Explorer
I'm new to dinghy towing! Just had a roadmaster and an invisibrake installed on my RV and 2016 Chevy Colorado. After taking 5 days to install, Camping World finally considered the install complete. The 2016 Colorado manual states the battery must be disconnected during dinghy tow, but the Invisibrake works off the battery, I am told. We disconnected the battery but installed a separate line from the battery to operate the dingy tow. We towed the vehicle approx 30 miles to home and upon arrival found that all of the accessory lights and dash monitor where in the on and lit mode. The dash screen was VERY hot to the touch.
Will be taking the RV / Toad back to Camping World for resolution but am curious if anyone else has encountered this problem and how did you resolve.
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
Your first problem is, you went to camping world to have it installed.
Your second problem you got the Invisibrake, they may have solved the problem by now. It tried to toast my brakes on my 98 Honda Accord.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/roadmaster-invisibrake-problems-196392.html
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
if all else fails, call Roadmaster. They are very helpful---(800) 669-9690

travlinkitty
Explorer
Explorer
I'll try that! Thank you!

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is the first thing that comes to mind: See if the Invisibrake is grounded to the chassis of the Colorado. If it IS, you probably need to disconnect BOTH terminals of the Colorado's Battery.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB