cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is anyone going anywhere?

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
With gas prices the way they are, there hasn't been a better time to take a long motorhome trip in years. What is to keep someone from doing just that, assuming you stayed with the rig and didn't venture to any businesses? Most aren't open anyway, from what I have read.
35 REPLIES 35

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can't even get off this rock if I wanted to. The airport is closed. Nothing commercial flying till at least early May. We are going into a second 2 week installment of curfew. Grocery & drug stores only open, though more are opening this week like home improvement stores but curbside pickup only.

Shopping days are restricted depending on your name i.e. only 2 days a week for each group.

We were supposed to be into our second week of a 100 day RV trip at this point. Right now looking at end of May, if we are lucky, to get out of here.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
AZ is locked down but in name only. We're going camping to a AZ state park next week. Going with another couple to ride the trails.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
MountainAir05 wrote:
hotjag1 wrote:
We will be leaving AZ in about 10 days and heading to our home in WA. We have plenty of food in our motorhome so will not need to shop anywhere on our way home. We have a full 150 gallon fuel tank so will only need to fill up once or twice at a truck stop on the way home and I will be wearing disposable gloves for that. We plan on staying in roadside pullouts, BLM land, etc, so won't be needing rv parks or campgrounds. I'd say we will be plenty isolated from contact with other people.

Have a nice and safe trip

Thank-you...We are looking forward to light traffic and low diesel prices.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotjag1 wrote:
We will be leaving AZ in about 10 days and heading to our home in WA. We have plenty of food in our motorhome so will not need to shop anywhere on our way home. We have a full 150 gallon fuel tank so will only need to fill up once or twice at a truck stop on the way home and I will be wearing disposable gloves for that. We plan on staying in roadside pullouts, BLM land, etc, so won't be needing rv parks or campgrounds. I'd say we will be plenty isolated from contact with other people.

Have a nice and safe trip

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are staying put for now. We generally go North for the Summer to my daughters and my wife is getting figitty I am afraid if we leave early we could come down with it. Now we are safe, just going out for food and necessary things. I am afraid if people start to mingle again, which they are doing in some areas, we will be back where we started. Where is patients. Is going to work or the beach more important than letting this "killer" disease loose for more distruction.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The problem is that though the gas prices are down. Lowest I've seen in a LONG LONG time.... Parking places are scarce so if you have one.. KEEP IT.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
There's a lot to be learned from this article:

Why the Second Wave of the 1918 Spanish Flu Was So Deadly
https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence
From the Article wrote:
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
iโ€™ve already checked with the parks we plan to use and all are open...but i will check again. i want us home where we have a network of family and friends that could help care for my wife if i get sick.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
Living Florida, my plan is to leave if a hurricane comes. Otherwise I will just stay here.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
atsrmf wrote:
With gas prices the way they are, there hasn't been a better time to take a long motorhome trip in years. What is to keep someone from doing just that, assuming you stayed with the rig and didn't venture to any businesses? Most aren't open anyway, from what I have read.

The main negative of getting out with our RV right now would be the poor optics of it ... the few others on the roads might not take too kindly to it ... and I can understand that.

We're staying home doing gardening and RV maintennance. ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Went up to the Baca Land Grant to look for elk. We only three or four deer. Was a great 2 hour drive.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Travel plan while we have the virus around;

Click For Full-Size Image.

Ha ha....perfect!!!

Al

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
With restaurants closed except for fast food, all cooking would have to be done in the RV. My thought is that as long as you're in the motorhome you are socially distant by a lot. Just stay away from other humans except to get supplies, gas, of empty the tank. As an added bonus traffic is down. Just use common sense precautions to keep from getting the virus. Or stick to back roads and enjoy the scenery. Just for a couple days would be enough! I have a sewer dump at my house, properly plumbed into the main sewer line.
I'm not planning a trip, except in my dreams. Just thinking out loud.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
What will you do when you run low on supplies, gas or have to empty the porta potty? I go to the neighboring town for groceries or take out just to get out of the house for a bit, I do visit a friend but we stay outside and maintain our distance. IMHO, the masks do little to prevent spread of the virus but if they make the wearer feel better so be it.