cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is anyone going anywhere?

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
With gas prices the way they are, there hasn't been a better time to take a long motorhome trip in years. What is to keep someone from doing just that, assuming you stayed with the rig and didn't venture to any businesses? Most aren't open anyway, from what I have read.
35 REPLIES 35

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Travel plan while we have the virus around;

Click For Full-Size Image.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving home and coming down with the virus would be a perfect storm with no way out.

I'm staying put until it's much safer to go out. Darwin has a way of weeding out those that don't think.

I wear a mask when I go out. It will do a good job of protecting others if I cough for sneeze. I do that in respect for their health and I expect them to return that respect by wearing one. I see too many thinking they're somehow immune or just don't care. I don't want to be around them because I value my health so I'll stay at home until the danger passes.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Violate city, county and state stay at home orders? I can wait for the fun of camping. Not much of a sacrifice IMO. Your cabin fever is that bad? โ€œand didn't venture to any businesses?โ€ ?No gasoline? No grocery shopping or fast food? No water refill or dumping?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I was on the road in mid-March from Florida to Texas and the COE parks were beginning to close, the parks were pretty full, and it was getting hard to find a place to stay. Now the COE parks, Texas, Florida, and most other states have closed their public campgrounds. Most private campgrounds are still open, but more expensive. Some states are starting to see public protests against the lockdown and some are starting to relax the closures, but not much yet.

I picked a private RV park in central Texas and I'm saving money spending about $400 for a 30 day rental and very little on gas. I plan to go up to northern Arkansas (cooler) in about 2 weeks and look for another 30 day rental, if I can. I may hit a few parks in Texas (if they open) and Oklahoma on the way. Watch out for the stay at home Nazis. I'm hoping for a wave a lawsuits to challenge all of this nonsense and maybe they will think twice before they do it again.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
My state is close down. Just to the Doctor or food. Not suppose to be out on the street.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we'll be headed for home in IL ftom AZ on 4/30.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle