cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it hot enough for you??

mowingman
Explorer
Explorer
We are in north central Texas and it is HOT. Been around 110 here for the last several days.
Anyone camping around here in this heat? We are not, thank goodness. Even with 2 A/C units, I don't think our 5er would stay cool.
If I did not have to work right now, we would be somewhere in the mountains. Of course, I am not sure how far we would have to go to find a cool spot. If you are camping in this heat, be extra careful.
Jeff
39 REPLIES 39

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
August is usually on the cool side here. September's been hot the last few years

Either way, winter is just around the corner. 😞

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
It has been warm here too, in the mid 30's celsius (34C=100F). Supposed to be 36, 104F by next weekend which won't help our forest fire situation. Afternoons are spent napping iin the shade.:B

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Mid to upper 80's here in Western Washington for the next week or more.
That's just hot enough form me!

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Heat index has been awful this year with up to 120 in some parts of the state. Today a cold spell at 92 degrees with clouds. My yard and pastures are post toasties.
My neighbor/wife and 11 year old son just left for Taylor Park rec area just north of Gunnison CO for 3 weeks with his LEQ carrying three horses.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
Why do folks enjoy camping in the deep south in the summer? It's 72 degrees here in lovely Northern Michigan. Low of 57 for tonight, high of 75 for tomorrow.

Summer is pretty much done here, we had a little more than a month this year of "hot" weather. Sure there are a few more days in the 80s coming, but the transition to fall weather is already happening.

Don't bet the rent on that. We still have August coming.

August is usually on the cool side here. September's been hot the last few years
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Why do folks enjoy camping in the deep south in the summer? It's 72 degrees here in lovely Northern Michigan. Low of 57 for tonight, high of 75 for tomorrow.

Summer is pretty much done here, we had a little more than a month this year of "hot" weather. Sure there are a few more days in the 80s coming, but the transition to fall weather is already happening.

Don't bet the rent on that. We still have August coming.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Right there with you. Last 4 days 108, 108, 109, 108. Heat index several degrees higher. Supposed to “cool down” to 104 tomorrow!
Fortunately we are not in the 5er.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We used to camp in triple digits when we had our boat. The triple a/c's on my trailer kept the temps in the low 80's.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
IN full sun with two 15,000 btu A/Cs my 38 foot class A will be hotter inside than out on occasions. With shade. cooler.

Folks it is GOING to get hotter. how fast depends on things I won't discuss here.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times