cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is now the time to buy?

cchristanis
Explorer
Explorer
I just sold my toy hauler and will be getting a new one. I live in western Ny and really dont want to buy something just to look at it all winter and not be able to use it after purchasing. But, if I can save thousands (not hundreds), I will. Im not sure what Im going to get yet though. Somwething around 26' Probably something around $20kish
5 REPLIES 5

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
We found prices better during Sept.-Nov.
we got a rock bottom price on our HTT buying then.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess you would get better deals at the end of the camping season rather than the start of a new camping season.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
If you are factory ordering a unit now is the time. Demand is very low and dealers are extra hungry. It is the off season and the assembly line is not quite as hurried. There is time to allow a few more seconds to build it right
I ordered my unit in December and it worked out well.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could be, if you are planning to use it through the winter. Manufacturers are finishing up the build season for the 2015 model year, large numbers of RVs are being delivered to dealers at a time of slow sales. Just made a round trip through RV land, the number of transporters moving units out of Elkhart and Warsaw in winter weather is amazing, particularly Thor and Forest River brands.

It costs dealers a lot of money to maintain that inventory through the winter, waiting for Spring sales. They might be more willing to deal. But if you are not going to use the RV now, it will be you paying the interest on the unused RV, rather than the dealer, and they still might be desperate to sell, though they'll have more cost tied up in each unit by then.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I wouldn't. I would enjoy spending the whole winter researching and then buying in the spring. It would be better to have the warranty start when you actually start using it too.