cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there a web site like VRBO.com for RV sites?

wayfun
Explorer
Explorer
I am buying a site in an RV condominium park in Florida and I would like to rent it when we're not using it. I have rented lodging from owners on VRBO.com. But I have not found RV sites listed there. Are there any sites like that for RV sites. The association has a web site that I can advertise on but I would like to cast a wider net if there is known site for renters.

Thanks,
Dennis
6 REPLIES 6

wayfun
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:

With what you are describing, I would imagine it would be best to rent it out long term (monthly). I would think that the park would want something in return for having to take the time to register in people a couple times a week. Sounds like a nightmare with you handling the money and getting it rented out and then to have to have the park deal with who's in that spot and for how long. You are gonna have to tell the park who will be there, They will have to verify. Then you got to deal with the gate entry and bathroom keys. I guess you could have the office do that. And then if the renter leaves a mess or tears up something, you will be responsible for it.

Most people that have cabins and rent from a distance, normally has someone on the ground in the location of the cabin. Like the ones that come and clean up the cabins. So I would think it would be best to try and work something out with the park. Pay them a percentage or a fee for handling those situations. I think it would be much easier for you in the long run.

I would rent monthly or longer only. Others are doing it so I just have to work out the details.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
wayfun wrote:
wbwood wrote:
Question....how will the rental be handled? VRBO is all done by the owners. The owners sends a code to the door for them to get in. Would be doing the same thing? Essentially sending them a code to the front gate or something? Who keeps up with who is parked on your spot? Does the park handle all that and take a percentage?

I would be handling everything and there is no cut for the park. I still need to work out the logistical details with the gate opener and bath house keys. Renters still need to register when they arrive so they'll know who's in the park.

With what you are describing, I would imagine it would be best to rent it out long term (monthly). I would think that the park would want something in return for having to take the time to register in people a couple times a week. Sounds like a nightmare with you handling the money and getting it rented out and then to have to have the park deal with who's in that spot and for how long. You are gonna have to tell the park who will be there, They will have to verify. Then you got to deal with the gate entry and bathroom keys. I guess you could have the office do that. And then if the renter leaves a mess or tears up something, you will be responsible for it.

Most people that have cabins and rent from a distance, normally has someone on the ground in the location of the cabin. Like the ones that come and clean up the cabins. So I would think it would be best to try and work something out with the park. Pay them a percentage or a fee for handling those situations. I think it would be much easier for you in the long run.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wayfun
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Check out this place......they have all categories (sale, rent, buy etc.)
RV Park Store

Thanks, I checked the site out and that looks like what I need. I did see a few sites from our park listed there.

wayfun
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
Question....how will the rental be handled? VRBO is all done by the owners. The owners sends a code to the door for them to get in. Would be doing the same thing? Essentially sending them a code to the front gate or something? Who keeps up with who is parked on your spot? Does the park handle all that and take a percentage?

I would be handling everything and there is no cut for the park. I still need to work out the logistical details with the gate opener and bath house keys. Renters still need to register when they arrive so they'll know who's in the park.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check out this place......they have all categories (sale, rent, buy etc.)
RV Park Store
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L