cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jeep nose mask

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
After suffering a busted windshield and rock chips in the paint while towing our JK 2dr. Jeep, I gave up on the screen suspended below the towbar that was supposed to stop those pesky rocks from dinging up our baby. I enlisted the talents of Wardlow Kustom Masks in Long Beach, CA to fix the problem. I'd used their products years ago to protect a street rod I built and figured they could help with our Jeep.
They made a form fitting mask out of their proprietary padded vinyl material that protects the entire front end including the windshield. It takes 3 minutes to remove it and about twice that to install. One nice feature is if you need to unhook for parking, but don't plan on driving the Jeep, the windshield section easily lays down on the hood to see forward. For about $150 more than the cost of an OEM Jeep windshield, I got this mask, which also helps keep road grime off the front of our Jeep. I have no affiliation with Wardlow other than being a satisfied long time customer and really like the way this nose mask worked out.

2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase
6 REPLIES 6

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
Roy, like they say, to each their own. Regarding tree limbs, have you seen these? Limb risers
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice job for sure...

The jeeps are one of the best units to find Body Armor for it. Plenty of body armor in the many Jeep Catalogs to chose from. Your idea to me however is a hugh overkill haha... But if you are happy then that is all that matters.

Have pulled my off-road jeeps many many miles from the 60s to present times... Protecting the grill area from mud was always my concerns...
Jeeps are made to go mudden in haha...

Jeepforum Image

My biggest problems are tree branches hehe...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Y-Guy
gbopp wrote:
Nice. :C
How long does it take to install/remove?

It's in his write up above.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use one of these:
Protect-a-tow
It rolls up and stows under the rear bumper and is part of our 4-minute disconnect process.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. :C
How long does it take to install/remove?

Y-Guy
Very nice!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon