cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Locatioon to install Invisibrake in Honda Fit 2013

chiliman
Explorer
Explorer
I have just purchased a 2013 Hiinda Fit Sport to tow behind our Motor Home.

I have also purchased a RoadMaster Invisibrake for toad braking.

My question is for those who have installed invisibrake in a Honda Fit.

Where did youu find the best place to put the master unit? It looks like under the driver seat is too cramped. I don't really want to take up the cargo area. I am afraid of damaging the unit while loading and unloading.

In advance I appreciate your input.
2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38J
Blue Ox Tru-Steer
Blue-Ox Tiger Trak (front and rear)
Banks Power
Koni Shocks
Dually Tubes
TireMinder
Invisibrake
3 REPLIES 3

sd2usa2
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having the same issue and I'm thinking of creating a platform to be above the Invisibrake where a passenger could rest their feet. I think it'd be the simplest solution. You could make it out of wood with little legs that are a bit longer than the height of the Invisibrake.

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ditto on the "no spare room" comment. Honda managed to turn all of the common "nooks and crannys" into usable cabin space. I installed the US Gear brake system and spent a lot of hours brainstorming where to put things. I ended up with the actuator servo immediately behind the outer driver seat rail. It intrudes into the rear passenger space a bit, but being on the side of the footwell, it's a nit. Ditto on the motorcycle battery observation, but still running the original battery in a 2009 model.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

luvlabs
Explorer
Explorer
The Fit has no spare room,but other than that, it is a great toad. I ended up getting an RVi2 Braking system which, BTW, works great in the Fit. Also added a battery charging system since I swear, the Fit battery was taken from a motorcycle.

You do have room under your front and rear seats. Under the front will compromise rear passenger leg/foot room and under the rear, it could hamper seat folding. You could always return the Invisabrake.
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (sold)
2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA (traded)
2012 Honda Fit