cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking at battery monitor/alarms

Joevano
Explorer
Explorer
As I prepare for a new PDI converter, and 2 T-105 batteries, I'm looking at the Voltminder and the Battery Failsafe Device.

Has anyone used either of these and have recommendations?
1 REPLY 1

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Joevano wrote:
As I prepare for a new PDI converter, and 2 T-105 batteries, I'm looking at the Voltminder and the Battery Failsafe Device.

Has anyone used either of these and have recommendations?

I currently am using the Voltminder, although it is an older version of what is available now. I am very satisfied with its performance. It comes with a 12 volt receptacle plug or can be hardwired. I tested it by plugging it into a receptacle inside the coach & comparing the reading I got to the reading I got using my Fluke multimeter directly at the batteries. The devices were within .200 of each other. Not a draw back to me & actually understandable is when the system is under a heavy load, like when the furnace is running the meter will fluctuate up & down slightly, but returns to a constant real time reading when the furnace shuts off. For simple battery health information, YES, I would highly recommend ๐Ÿ™‚

I just looked at the Battery Failsafe, appears the Voltminder has better set point flexibility & is less money.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74