cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a new RV for my daighter

MarthaRuizOrtiz
Explorer
Explorer
Is Rv Trader a good site to look for new RVs?
7 REPLIES 7

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Yes it's probably the best site for shopping used RV's. As others have stated, it's always a good idea to hire a professional for an inspection. If you finance, many companies like Bank of the west include an inspection as part of the process.

on edit - my reading comprehension skills are on the decline. ๐Ÿ™‚

For new I don't think that's the best site. Dealer sites are the best. Find a make/model/floorplan you are after and google to see what dealers have them. RV trader is mostly used although there are some new - but not all dealers post there. It is a good way to get an idea of market pricing and whether you are getting a decent deal.

Actually, I just went to RVTrader. Without selecting a specific RV type, RVTrader currently has over 160,000 new RV's listed, and 54,000 used RV's listed. So, I'd certainly consider it as a good source to view available new units across the board.

Interesting and good to know. I know when I was shopping some of my l local dealers were not in RVtrader and if they were their inventory wasn't up to date like their own website was. YMMV.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Yes it's probably the best site for shopping used RV's. As others have stated, it's always a good idea to hire a professional for an inspection. If you finance, many companies like Bank of the west include an inspection as part of the process.

For new I don't think that's the best site. Dealer sites are the best. Find a make/model/floorplan you are after and google to see what dealers have them. RV trader is mostly used although there are some new - but not all dealers post there. It is a good way to get an idea of market pricing and whether you are getting a decent deal.

Actually, I just went to RVTrader. Without selecting a specific RV type, RVTrader currently has over 160,000 new RV's listed, and 54,000 used RV's listed. So, I'd certainly consider it as a good source to view available new units across the board.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another avenue is to looking at the Rental Market .
In your situation, that strategy makes a lot of sense. You can get into a RV for a surprising figure!

Also have a RV that has had proper maintenance,they come with a 1 year or 12,000 mile power train warranty and 30 days on all major appliances.

There are more than 140 members that have done this and are very happy with their decision.

Welcome to the Forum and Good Luck in your search.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many RVs are poorly built and even the better ones are dependent on using appliances and parts that may not be of great quality. Whether new or used it can be difficult to be sure you are buying an RV without major issues.

We bought from a dealer who was selling on consignment. Before we closed, the dealer went over the unit in great detail because they then contacted the seller and the cost of repairs was deducted from them. So the dealer made their commission and some profit on the cost of repairs.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you are looking at used ones. The price on 1-3 year old RVs is falling fast.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
It's the best I've found. Easy to navigate, and literally zero bogus ads (like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, etc.)

I've used it numerous times before to both buy and sell, and I would definitely recommend it.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress