cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for someone to transport 5th wheel

srttruck
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, I'm looking to have my 5th Wheel transported from Selma ,TX to Riverdale,UT. Is there any members here or a go to guy that move rigs? Thanks
2007 Set Of Twin Girls
2007 WW FSW3200
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Cummins Dually
05 CRF450X
06 TRX400EX
06 CRF50
07 Rhino Silver SE
7 REPLIES 7

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
srttruck wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
If youโ€™re not near a popular RV haul route (IE are there any RV mfgs near the destination that would have haulers deadheading back from TX) then it ainโ€™t gonna be cheap.

Iโ€™d start with trying to find someone on a tractor forum. I got some pretty good offers from one, canโ€™t remember which.
And yes call rv and trailer dealers. Any business that has trailers delivered to them.
Of course the popular hauling sites are an option. I only use those though when no better options are available since you have to weed thru the flakes and gold diggers who are quoting you.
I could reccomend a broker I now trust that Iโ€™ve used a few times to haul vehicles and implements but you know, the RVnet brain trust would slow me on the wrist for โ€œadvertising.โ€ Lol.

Do tell via PM, I'm trying to weed through the gold diggers and flakes now. It seems every hauler thinks they need to gouge you for a lavish hotel room and 5 star meals along the way. It's a truck driving gig for crying out loud, not a board of directors meeting puddle jumping around the states. Ha.

Youโ€™re welcome. Hope it works out for ya.
Since you didnโ€™t reply to my PM.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

srttruck
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
If youโ€™re not near a popular RV haul route (IE are there any RV mfgs near the destination that would have haulers deadheading back from TX) then it ainโ€™t gonna be cheap.

Iโ€™d start with trying to find someone on a tractor forum. I got some pretty good offers from one, canโ€™t remember which.
And yes call rv and trailer dealers. Any business that has trailers delivered to them.
Of course the popular hauling sites are an option. I only use those though when no better options are available since you have to weed thru the flakes and gold diggers who are quoting you.
I could reccomend a broker I now trust that Iโ€™ve used a few times to haul vehicles and implements but you know, the RVnet brain trust would slow me on the wrist for โ€œadvertising.โ€ Lol.

Do tell via PM, I'm trying to weed through the gold diggers and flakes now. It seems every hauler thinks they need to gouge you for a lavish hotel room and 5 star meals along the way. It's a truck driving gig for crying out loud, not a board of directors meeting puddle jumping around the states. Ha.
2007 Set Of Twin Girls
2007 WW FSW3200
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Cummins Dually
05 CRF450X
06 TRX400EX
06 CRF50
07 Rhino Silver SE

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Snip...

Why not try to help him out using the private message feature? That way nobody would realize you are advertising whether you are or not. :W
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Make sure that whoever does it is insured. You don't want to find out after an accident.

A few years back the going rate was around $3 per mile. With gas prices spiking and general inflation...it's not going to be cheap.

As someone else mentioned local dealerships are probably your best bet.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if its a medical thing? check your insurer. it might be covered.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
I would call a local dealership. There are people that transport RV's from manufacturers to dealerships all the time.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS