cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for Workamping/Work Opportunities

ZachandHolly
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are looking for employment! We have been in and out of multiple outdoors training facilities and are looking to seek employment via our dream of travel. Full time RVing. Starting with a longer extended stay getting used to our RV and the setting while working diligently for your facility would be the perfect fit. We are great with families and organizing different activities for any demographic of camper. We also are very trained on the do's and don'ts of the outdoors. We are trained in CPR and First Aid.

We would be your perfect fit. We are looking to leave January 1st on our adventure and would love to head straight for you!

Attached are our resumes, pictures and contact info.

Look forward to hearing from you!

We are going to be in a 2006 Class C Style Rig.
--

Zachary Gray, Holly Smith
16 REPLIES 16

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Check this website, too. Workers on wheels
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

deltabay
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking to work in Northern California, we have open workamping jobs at Delta Bay
(www.deltabay.org)

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28704832.cfm

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
ttempleton wrote:
We are working at Yellowstone may-sept. Site plus hourly pay

Where are they putting your rv at?
What job are you doing?
And how many hours are you required to work (per person )?

Thanks. I think it would be a interesting place to work and spend a lot of time at.
I spend a lot of weekend at Crater Lake NP as a ski patroller volunteer and there is so much to see when you are spending a lot of time in one interesting place. The library has archived files etc. that were very cool to go through, but the regular joe has no access to that kind of stuff.
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

ttempleton
Explorer
Explorer
We are working at Yellowstone may-sept. Site plus hourly pay
Templeton
2003 DP Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PST

Dtslinger
Explorer
Explorer
galtgirl wrote:
We are workkamping at an RV Resort in the Phoenix area. We are not paid but get our space rent and utilities in exchange for a total of 24hrs a week.

I would assume a lot of RV resorts in Florida would also have programs like ours.

We are working for Cal Am Resorts in their food service department and are very happy with our arrangements.

Just curious, what are your duties for food service? And is that 24 hours each person?
Thanks.
Terry & Alice Esslinger
2006 Bounder DP 38L
being pushed by 2012 Terrain

galtgirl
Explorer
Explorer
We are workkamping at an RV Resort in the Phoenix area. We are not paid but get our space rent and utilities in exchange for a total of 24hrs a week.

I would assume a lot of RV resorts in Florida would also have programs like ours.

We are working for Cal Am Resorts in their food service department and are very happy with our arrangements.
John and Carol Beckman
USN SKC RET (him) RN (her)
Lola & Ava the French Bulldogs
Sacramento, CA

2015 Heartland Bighorn
2017 Silverado 3500 HD High Country

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
Check out WorkampingJobs.com. Tons of current ads from RV parks and campgrounds looking for workers, and you can also post your own resume. The site is free for everyone to use, too.

halfwright
Explorer
Explorer
Also try volunteer.gov for government listings for workampers.
Jim and Darlene Wright
Ryder, the Ethiopian monkey beaver dog
2007 Montana Mountaineer
2002 Ford F250

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if it's okay to put this on the forum but we subscribe to Workamper News. You can have your Resume on their to be viewed by Owners of campgrounds or other employers wanting workampers. You can also email your resume from the site. Lots of opportunities here.

S_more_mMemorie
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for Host for the 2016 season in the UP of Michigan at the Hiawatha National Forest Campgrounds.
smorememories@gmail.com for information

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing that can really be said is that I don't believe employers look around for employees. They'll make a post here and there advertising the opportunity and have the potential employees go to them. You're the one who is going to have to do the leg work, seek out the opportunities you like and apply to them.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Campgrounds to Workamping Forum.
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

kyle86
Explorer
Explorer
There are plenty of volunteer positions available. Check out the workamping forum. There are lots of great people here plus a few jerks. Welcome to the forum!!

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Well Zach & Holly, you're already in the right state for campgrounds. We've visited quite a few campgrounds in FL and it seems as though your talents would be welcome. Not sure about the wages, but I'd guess free camping would be a strong possibility.

January 1st may be too early for campgrounds in any states other than FL, south TX, south AZ, and south CA. I'd recommend sticking around FL for the winter and then as the snowbirds leave in the spring you might be able to look further north and west. Good luck following your dream!
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator